Chapter 7

Confused, I look between Fabien and Fiona, watching their interaction silently

Fiona is glaring at him, her curly hair is left open. The soft curls bounce when she looks at me but then turns back to look at Fabien.

Her silver eyes clear today but there is fire burning through them as she looks at Fabien.

What happened between them? Was it something when she saw him at the warehouse the other night?

Gripping the weird glass vase in her hand that has nothing in it, Fiona just stands there and when my eyes travel lower, I realise she is still wearing a black silk dress with thin straps holding it, it also has a slit down the side where her leg is slightly exposed. And in her feet, she is wearing thing strapped heels that has its long straps going up her smooth calf.

I never thought someone in a dress, a simple dress would look this beautiful. I see and recognise what is beautiful and what isn't, and I don't taint it, but I do love owning it and having it. With the way the dress is hugging Fiona's figure, the spitfire that loves getting into dangerous situations, I want nothing more than want it to myself.

I frown when her eyes don't move, what the fuck happened that she isn't looking away?

Something burns and that heavy feeling from before sets in, why is my wife, looking at another man like that? The need to grip her chin and forcefully turn her face away from him is getting more intense.

"Matteo," I nod at him when he looks over at me.

I never call him by his title, or even Capo, Florida may be his but there is no way I will be calling him by his title or his relationship to his daughter.

People like him don't deserve that kind of respect.

"I will leave now. Please call me when you are free, I need to give you few files," he doesn't exactly need to give me files but I nod anyway.

Fiona's gaze breaks from Fabien towards her father who is already leaving without looking back at her. I realise she didn't expect her father to be like that when he is leaving her in the place she may spend the rest of her life in. But he did. There will always be that bit in him that just won't let him look back.

He is running away from me.

While she is distracted by that, I nod towards the back at Fabien so he can take his leave. Trying to remain calm while so much inside me is basically burning me is getting harder. I want everyone gone. Out from here.

Once everyone is gone, I clear my throat and start walking towards the backyard that is outside, more like a beach because the whole of the back wall is glass in this beach house. It's not my only house but the only one that you can't get to easily.

It's basically untraceable.

I hear the soft thump of footsteps following behind me and since it is a long way before we reach the backside because of the many rooms and hallways we have to walk through, she speaks up.