Epilogue

Sasha

"You see how dangerous lies can be? Just how poisonous they are?"

Tanya and Savio nod, both interested in the story I had just told them.

It may forever remain a story to them but that was my life. A life that has been long gone. A life that I cannot let go.

"Mommy, will we also get sad ending if we lie?" Tanya pouts, her small five year old body wrapping around my knees as I sit on the chair in front of them while they sit on the floor in their room.

They are both twins. Boy and girl and me and Fabian couldn't be happier with what we have today.

Except guilt eats me up each and every day that this is what is left of us.

That Fiona not only left us six years ago but also Arius who went on a killing spree, tempting people to come out and targeted them just to feel something.

By the time we realised he was doing that, it was way too late and he left us with a gaping heart.

Me and Fabian both didn't know what to do and papers upon papers were already printing and publishing about his death and the rumours surrounding his life.

It's been six years.

Six years and I will never be able to forget the girl who dreamed of her villain to save her only for her to not get her happy ending.

I will never forget the villain who was crazy after the woman who was on a vengeful hunt for her mother's killers only for them to fall in love and never say the words to each other.

Life didn't give them enough time to ever tell each other how they even felt.

It's why today I decided I wanted to tell them. My kids, the stories on how nothing should be based on lies.

Of course I didn't tell them in detail or any of the gore details but enough for them to know the outcome is almost never good.

I know how lucky me and Fabian came out to be. Extremely lucky because that dark life never leaves you.

Once stained, you are forever tainted.

Once poisoned, you are on your death bed.

Time is always ticking with each wrong decision.

Except the two people who fought against the biggest crime rings, never got their ending.

It was all too late.

THE END!

You may hate me, you may don't but this ending took me a whole month to decide. A whole month to see whether their ending was beautiful or bittersweet.

And it seemed happy ending wasn't in their cards. Tears were streaming down my face as I wrote the last two chapters in one go.

It was hard but I hope you know how much it makes sense for this ending. I know it's fiction, I know this is the place that happy endings should be but for me, for this specific story, it was not the answer.

Thank you for reading this story.
Thank you for liking it and I hope I see you in my next book!

If you want a happier book, filled with wholesome romance, check out Tangle Of Obsession on my profile. Maybe it will help with the ending🤣

Please do not leave spoilers anywhere other than this chapter of the book.

Thank you.