Chapter 18

I always thought that flying would be cool, especially parachuting

I didn't ever imagine myself geared in ready to fly down the side of one of tallest buildings in Manhattan. I don't think I ever imagined myself to be doing this at all.

"Arius, this could go so very wrong," I watch as he straps himself in the harness before pulling at some parts to make sure they are both secure.

"Why not?" He has the audacity to ask.

"Why? I don't know, because I don't why we are here in the first place, why we are doing this and why you had the same pen as that auction night," I cross my arms before standing firm on my feet.

"I'm not moving until you tell me what is going on," to this, he looks up at me before raising his brows.

He does that a hell lot.

"You could have just asked," he shrugs making my mouth drop open.

"And you would have told me? So much for caring," I roll my eyes.

A smile tugs at his lips before he looks to the side as if to hide the smile that was coming on his face.

"You won't let that go, would you?" He asks me, that same humour glint in his, and I swear seeing that small smile touch as his lips made my heart stop.

Literally, stop.

I shake my head but bite my lip to stop any smiles from coming on my face. No. Stay strong and get him to tell you something. 

"To answer your question," I wait as he looks up at the sky as if he could be doing anything but explain this to me.

"Remember I told you I had to report the paintings we stole? I am doing the same thing here, except recording anything I find against this bastard because he does too much fucked up shit and it's never-ending," Arius sighs like he is imagining the things Camden does and I am afraid to ask.

"What things?" My voice is a mere whisper.

"You don't want to know, Fiona," Arius shakes his head but when he sees me with an expectant look on my face, he finally gives in.

"He does too much human trafficking, especially a lot of girls, that is smallest compared to other things that I don't want to mention," it feels like my breathing just stopped. And not for the good reason.

I blink trying to erase the images that just popped in my head, I shake my head trying to rid of them but they are there. I can see it though, I can see the little girls being scared not knowing what could happen to them and next thing you know, their lives are turned upside down just for a fucker that wants more money in his pockets like he doesn't have enough.

My hatred for him increases ten folds.

"What the fuck," I close my eyes before taking a deep breath then opening them again.