Chapter 20

Song listed at the top: Prisoner by Raphael lake

I feel free. I feel like everything is completed and slowly but surely feel my mask is slipping. 

The mask I have put up for years in order for this Esoteric file. I put years of work in it and now that it is completed, I feel like I have more freedom to do what I want. I have submitted it to him, and now it is just waiting game.

One phone call for me to be in power of all this. 

Francesco said that I can move to a different city after we get money from the paintings sold. I averted my lie to Fiona about Francesco not knowing but Francesco is on my side here, he knows he makes one mistake and he will get killed by me himself. 

Francesco is one man who only shows he has power and uses it to his advantage but he himself can't escape from any of this. It's why he speaks so less in meetings, he barely shows a reaction or give away anything. He is weak. Extremely weak. 

Once he is gone, I can give way to my plan on getting up this ladder. 

"Fabian," it's been four days since I have been gone and Fabian has been keeping me up to date with everything happening in the house.

Even on Fiona. About the growing friendship with Joyce, one of my main planning partners and his sons. He told me especially about one of them, Aron, that really is trying to get close to her. And I did not like that news, not one bit.

Fabian nods at me, the glint in his eyes light, he knows where I came from. He knows everything because he is in my plan and then walks beside me as I walk towards the stairs towards my bedroom.

It's already dark outside so the lighting in the kitchen is the only one that is bright in the house downstairs, the hallway lights are lit but other than that, the house is quiet and empty. 

"Has there been any problems?" I ask but he only huffs which makes me look at him.

His lips quirk up before they drop and he looks away from me.

"Other than me doing trips to the grocery store like I'm her personal driver and maid?" I freeze in my tracks as I look over at him.

Fabian has never listened to anyone other than me, he sits silently in a room and minds his own business. He is a scary person for outside people and with the way his scar runs down his face, I know he knows that too and he uses it to his advantage. 

Fabian is not someone I expect to do those things and how the hell did she convince him to do that anyway? 

I am questioning how everything in this house has flipped? How these deadly men are trailing behind Fiona and doing anything she asks.

I look at Fabian with a raised brow to which he frowns at before shrugging and walking away. 

There is almost no one in the house and it always is like this. I like the silence, many guards are on rotation around here and when they get time, they go out to eat because I don't think anyone can cook here and there is only a cleaning lady that comes every day. Not a cook. Joyce sometimes makes food if he feels like or me if I can get the time to do so.