I know where you are, Dakota Leigh Morgenthau. I know who you are. I know you're friends. Sleep with one eye open, Morgenthau.

My phone clattered against the table. Duke jumped. I momentarily forgot about the creepy message and softly giggled, leaning down and patting his head. His little bum wiggled. I picked up the tiny grump and he flopped in my arms. Chuckling, I looked at my phone and remembered. I kissed Duke's head and placed him down. I shut off my phone and hid it under some papers so I wouldn't see. To distract myself, I decided on making some waffles for the group. Who, yes, were all still sleeping even though it's quarter to one. That's what happens when it's a late night.

I played some quiet jazz because jazz is underrated and it is my soul music. It gives me life, to be honest. Frank Sinatra- he is my soulmate. Screw Ava Gardener. Why is "The Girl From Ipanema" such a tune. The sax in it is a true chef's kiss. You can chefs-kiss-my-ass if you don't agree, or don't like Frank.

After pouring out the batter, I cut up some strawberries for the waffles and washed some blueberries and raspberries. I made some whipped cream and devised a cruel plan to wake everyone up. I magicked some tables to go above their heads, and some cold water to splash on them. Thus their suffering began.

I suddenly blasted American Idiot (Green Day) and a few jolted awake and whacked their heads on the tables (Kailyn, Ashton, Ati, Sydney, and Calum). I made the bowls of water tip and splash water on the ones still sleeping, and they also sat up and whacked their heads (Luke, JZ, Michael, and Sophie). I keeled over in laughter, clutching my side and wheezing.

Kailyn laid back down and wailed. I disappeared-ed the tables (improper grammar, woohoo), and everyone sat up and groaned. Suddenly, everyone collectively shivered. How do you forgot you are outside in, November.

"I made waffles!" I cheerily said. Most of them abruptly perked up. Besides Kailyn, who was still wailing.

"Kailyn if you don't shut up, you don't get any."

She stopped. Everyone gathered around the big dining room table I had just for these circumstances. I put the whipped cream, the fruit, butter, syrup, the waffles, and some tea coffee and hot chocolate on the table. It seems like a lot, but we have 10 people eating. Chile.

Before I even sat down, everyone had their breakfast ready. No one started eating without me. I sat down.

"Aww! You kind people! I waiting for me to sit down, are you?" I cheered. Ati rolled her eyes and started eating. I motioned for everyone to do the same. My phone buzzed. Not once, but 13 times. Everyone paused. 13 buzzes was urgent. (You send 13 messages so it buzzes 13 times, that means urgent.) I got up and picked my phone, seeing the same number that texted me earlier. I inhaled sharply.

I looked up and noticed Ati wasn't on her phone, so it definitely isn't her. And only these 9 people around me knew about the 13 message rule. I opened my phone.

Can I too have some waffles?

They look mighty fine

11

10

9

8

7

6

5

Say happy birthday to Jay for me!!

3

2

how do I know about the 13 message rule? I don't know, Dakota. how do I know...?

As I finished reading, everyone got 13 messages too. I checked and they were all the same. Obviously, they were all subtly persolize. We all looked at each other.

What were we going to do?

UNEDITED
BUT ANYWAYS
HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT :)