Cinderella Man [boyxboy love story] Chapter Nine

Boyxboy.  Clean.

★.¸¸.¤´¨ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ◕ ▬▬▬▬▬▬००҆'˚'҅०◦∙ ☆ ∙◦०҆'˚'҅००▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◕Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ´¨¤.¸¸.☆

"Hey, John, have you seen Damien?" Meredith asked as she pranced in.  I looked up to see her wearing a short spotted dress and her hair up in a bun.  To most people, this would appear to be something to wear on a date but in my experience, she looked worn down.  For a minute I just stare at her, "John, hello?"

            "Damien's on a date, what happened to you?"

            She blinked, "What do you mean?"

            "You look..." casual.  I sighed and shrugged, "Never mind."

            "Someone didn't do the laundry," she muttered, sitting next to me, "Isn't that your job, dumbass?"

            "Yes, but it's my day off," I muttered, glaring at the TV.

            She blinked, "Day off on what?"

            "Being your maid," I grumbled and sighed loudly, "What do you want?"

            "Damien's on a date with whom?"

            "With none of your business.  The guy never has a day off, let him have some fun," I ordered her and grabbed the remote.  I flicked each channel one after another.

            She turned her body so she faced me completely, "I know you and I don't get along but I need to tell you something."

            "I don't do rumors, Merry, now go away," I said.

            "This isn't a rumor," she sounded a bit offended but I paid no mind, "John, look, Damien is popular, what if the girl you set him up with is just messing with his feelings?"

            I looked at the corner of my eye to glance at her, "You are one of those girls with the same intentions as her, Meredith.  No offence but the girl I set him up with has only one intention and it's harmless enough.  She won't hurt him."

            "So you set him up for a broken heart?" Meredith asked.

            "No," I flinched at the way she said it, "I gave him what he wanted."

            "Oh, really?  What?" she glared.

            "A girl who won't stomp on his heart, who will pretend to be the perfect girlfriend and won't give up on him.  Maybe it's fake but at least she'll be somewhat sincere, unlike most people," I told her in a stern tone.

            "Can you hear yourself?" Meredith questioned, her rosy lips piercing upwards, "John, do you hear me?"

            I dropped the remote, "I have enough on my plate with you bothering me not on it, do you get me?"

            "Look, you can play damsel in distress all day and get this, I feel sorry for you and that asshole Henri douche, but look, don't get Damien into a mini version of you."

            "Look this is a totally different situation!" I snapped.

            "Oh, really?  How?  Because Henri was a guy and this girl isn't."

            "Because when they break up, he won't find himself wondering if it was all fake.  Even if Damien's relationship is fake, this girl will make it more real that Henri's relationship or Maylene's relationship or even motherfucking Hitch's!  Meredith, what you want from me?" I asked.