Cinderella Man [boyxboy love story] Chapter Twenty-Three (Part 2)

This is a continuation of the twenty-third chapter.  Kind of, I mean they are meant to... be close together.  There's gonna be a part 3 after this BTW...  The picture is Mr. Koda.  Who'll you see at the end of this chapter.  But omigosh, Johnny Depp is literally the only man over thirty I'd ever consider to marry - without question. *Wink wink*

***

Life has a strange thing of somehow making something so completely devastating - heartbreakingly so - seem beautifully, distastefully perfect.  I think that's the way it's supposed to be.  Life is supposed to be so beyond perfectly fucked up, but almost symmetrically awesomely organized.  We don't realize life is so perfectly imperfect, that's the reason why we don't know the reason or the meaning life.  Maybe the answers right in front of you: Why the fuck not?

            I'm not trying to be eloquent.  I'm not trying to convince you of anything.  And I'm not high - but damn, I could use a hit right about now though I haven't smoked weed since sophomore year.  But I'm high enough on lack of sleep and I don't think me getting fucking wasted in my room would make me any more respectable to anyone's standards right now.

            Looking at the screen, I realized I was immune - maybe numb - to everything.  I could feel Meredith stiffen next to me, "I didn't realize it'd get this type of reaction..."

            I shrugged, "We hide behind a mask of acceptance.  Society doesn't accept something it can't understand.  And unless you are gay, you can't understand."

            Meredith was quiet.  Then she sighed, "And I was totally shipping you guys."
            "Pardon?" I chuckled, I looked at her but her eyes were completely glued to the screen, "I thought you hated me for getting your man."

            "Romero's more my type," she deadpanned.

            I looked back at the screen as a picture of the latest Royal Parade single Heart on the Floor album cover flashed on the screen.  I grinned, "What?  He's manipulative, sadistic, completely crazy..."  I trailed off and then shrugged, "Never mind; he's perfect for you."  I heard her shift and her hand made contact with the back of my arm.

            "You bastard," I could tell she wasn't very angry.  Maybe even amused.

            "Why are you being so nice?" I asked.  I looked at her as she looked back at me.

            "You're my brother," she looked away and smirked, "I'm the only one allowed to make your life a living hell."

            "I hate you so much sometimes," I muttered.  Her hand made contact with my arm with a loud smacking noise.  I started laughing, despite the stinging and then laid my head down on her lap.

            For a long time, she just let my head rest there and then finally asked, "Did you ever genuinely like anyone other than Henri?"

            "I liked everyone," I blinked.

            "I don't mean..." she began.

            "I know what you meant.  I had a problem finding the good in everyone and being completely blind to their defaults, I became vulnerable to people like Henri.  Afterwards, I noticed the bad, and I think I found out I find those just as desirable," I smirked, "Contrary to belief, everyone I had some sort of relationship - no matter how twisted - I did like them - genuinely."

            "I haven't seen you have a healthy relationship with anyone other than Henri," she said blandly.

            "No relationship is fucking healthy when you are with someone like me," I rolled my eyes.