Cinderella Man [boyxboy love story] Chapter Twenty-Eight

Author's Note: So yes, it's short, but I wrote something...? I'm so tired and here's a chapter because I denied you so long. Sorry, lots of personal stuff happened. I graduated high school and now it's summer so more stuff should come soon. :D

***

Chapter Twenty-Eight

It was slightly - if not completely - amusing to see Owen squirm.  And though I don't consider myself to be a revengeful person, I did find it pleasing to be on the other side compared to the antics Owen committed against me.  As I stretched every so often, I noticed Owen's discomfort grow... I also realized Damian's frustration grow.

            At the corner of each eye, the couple began to show more signs of exactly what I predicted.  Owen's discomfort in his obvious attraction towards me, Damian's discomfort in his knowledge of his boyfriend's feelings.  I flipped the channels, causing more agitation come from all of them.  I finally settled for a channel, which was playing some ridiculous news around Hollywood industries.  I yawned and set the remote on the table, leaning back.

            "Thank God," Romero mumbled, I noticed the teal haired boy lean back and glare at me menacingly over his shoulder.

            For someone who thinks of himself as fair, you can be such a condescending ass, I thought, rolling my eyes and allowing the comment to roll over, despite the fact it kind of pissed me off.  It took a matter of seconds for me to realize my situation.

            I'm here to get what I want.

            I'm here to do exactly as I'm told by Mr. Koda, despite my morality telling me otherwise.  I've always been one to allow people to use me, and for me to eventually allow those misdeeds without much punishment.  I thought of myself higher than revenge.

            I'm not.

            I'm a vengeful human being.

            I won't allow others to be cruel.  I'm going to make the Royal Parade drown, despite Mr. Koda's good intentions - however twisted they may be - I will make the Royal Parade fall from their high thrones.  They humiliated my family, they betrayed each other, I almost lost my father to their distrust.  All I ever tried to do was to make things right.  Yes, I failed.  But I tried to be a good person.

            But that means nothing.

            Being good got me nowhere.

            And I now know I can't be good, not in their case.

            When this is all over, I will leave.  I will go back to college, continue learning, find someone new.  Live life.   This is only part of life, I just got to keep going.

            I clenched my fists, took a long breath, and grinned.  I reached out and yawned again, only to brush my thigh against Owen's.  It caused Owen to immediately stiffen completely up and for his eyes to glaze over as he choked.  I tried not to be too proud of myself and leaned close to Owen's ear to whisper, Sorry... Are you okay?"

            "Stop it," Romero demanded.

            I blinked and looked at him innocently, "What?  I was just checking if handsome is okay...?"  When Owen heard "handsome", he choked on air again.  I tried not to smile too much in order to continue my innocence.

            "Yeah right, stop being an ass," Romero warned.

            "Oh," I leaned back and when he turned away, I smiled, "I wasn't doing it on purpose..."