Dangerous Relations

"Come on in!" I fulfill my promise a few minutes later. Elijah has already called Klaus. He has kept his word, now it's my turn.

He enters and immediately walks around me and towards the door that leads to the kitchen and the living room. I follow him. His behaviour seems a little odd.

When we reach the living room, we find Damon sitting on the couch.

Elijah sends him a sly smile. "Damon! I trust you're doing well, now that you're free of my brother's plans of vengeance."

"So you did it, huh?" Damon shoots me a grateful glance and smirks, mirth dancing in his baby blue orbs. "Told you!"

Elijah steps closer to Damon. The look on his face makes me worry for my friend. I know that look. He had the same look in his eyes before he killed Trevor.

And now he is looking at Damon. "Oh yes, I gave my word that you would not die for what you did by my brother's hand."

Damon nods. "Great!"

"However, I said nothing about my own."

Damon has about half a second to realize what Elijah's last words mean

Damon has about half a second to realize what Elijah's last words mean. Then, Elijah grabs him by the throat and pinns him against the next wall. Once they are there, he puches his hand through Damon's chest. Damon gasps in pain. I don't have to see it in order to know that Elijah has closed his hand around Damon's heart, ready to rip it out.

"No! Wait!" I scream and rush to them, grabbing Elijah's arm.

He looks at me. His expression is calm and collected, but I still see a hint of smugness on his face. He archs an eyebrow, waiting for me to make my point.

"I told you why he got me out of your house today. I might have died if this draining had gotten too much and Klaus didn't notice. He was just looking out for me, which is what your brother wants him to do. And- it's not like he stopped him from taking me in the first place. Elijah, please! Let him go! I invited you into my home. I wouldn't have done that if I didn't trust you - to some extent. Do you really want to destroy that?"

The original vampire listens to me, holding my gaze, slightly nodding as a sign of understanding.

Finally, he replies: "You're making a valid point and I appreciate your trust, Elena. But this isn't about his little rescue mission."

I furrow my eyebrows in irritation. What is he talking about?

His gaze becomes cold. "He convinced Hayley to help him!"

"I'm sure she just- saw that I wasn't- good." I try to defend the werewolf's actions.

But Elijah doesn't budge. "My family and I tolerate Hayley's presence in our house solely because she's Hope's mother. If she chooses to side with you and your little gang against us, she will die. Now, I would hate for that to happen, since I wouldn't want my niece to lose her mother, but I suspect Damon here sees that differently."