Ayana

Elena's PoV

Our plan went terribly wrong. The worst part of all was the fact that Klaus had already tied me up. I couldn't even try to help.

With all that fear and panic, I couldn't even bring myself to be surprised about seeing Kol kiss Bonnie in the middle of the catastrophe. I mean, I knew they had buried the hatchet, but this was definitely unexpected. And Bonnie seemed to reciprocate his affections.

But all that is not my biggest concern right now. I saw Klaus charging at Bonnie before that weird light surrounded me and took me away. My friend is in danger! I have to go back and help her!
But to do that, I have to know how to go back. So, what I need to do first is figure out what happened to me. Bonnie's spell send me away. I don't know where I am, but this doesn't look like a place I have been to before. There are trees everywhere and no sign of any sort of road, path or anything else. I seem to be in the middle of a big forest.

After a minute of consideration, I decide to look around first. I search for any sign of life or civilization, with my eyes and ears. I can hear many different animals the longer I walk, but no sign of life.

Eventually, I reach an exit to what looks like a cave. It seems strangely familiar. But just as I am about to enter the cave, a female voice speaks up behind me.

"Careful, child! Given who you are, it would not be wise to go into those caves alone."

As I turn around, I see a woman standing before me

As I turn around, I see a woman standing before me. She has dark skin, black hair, observant eyes and wears clothes that look like they are from the middle ages.

"Who are you?" I approach her cautiously.

For a moment, her face shows utter surprise when she sees my face. Then, her lips curl into a half smirk. Yet, she does not look amused. Instead, the look on her somehow reminds me of Bonnie. "My name is Ayana. The spirits have contacted me. They told me a girl from another time was coming and that that girl needs my help."

Her name rings a bell. "Ayana? As in, Bonnie's ancestor?"

She raises her eyebrows. "I have never heard the name Bonnie before, but since a decendant of mine must have been near you to send you here, it is quite likely."

As she speaks, the meaning of this dawns to me. Ayana was the ancestor of Bonnie's who lived in the same village with the originals back when they were still human! So if I have been sent to her, that means I have travelled back 1000 years back into the past! To when Mystic Falls was still a viking village!

My mind feels like it is burning up at that thought. Panic overwhelms me. "Oh god! Ayana, did the spirits, by any chance, tell you how to send me back? Because my friends are in danger, I need to go back! I can't be in- the past, 1000 years back that is!"

"1000 years?? My, my, that sure is a lot. I understand your distress, but no, I cannot send you back. You have been sent here for a reason and so you shall stay. Come now, child. We have a lot to talk about." she replies and starts walking away. I hurry after her.