Hell on Earth

Slowly, Klaus approaches Damon and Hayley. His expression shows almost no emotion, but his eyes, burningly fixated on the ink-haired Salvatore and the brunette werewolf, are blazing with rage. He seems like a predator eyeing his prey, wondering how to make their deaths more painful. My body freezes in fear.

"For five years, you have lived like a queen in our castle. And now you betray us. I'm terribly disappointed, little wolf. You should have been smarter than that." the original hybrid says, silently and softly, like a panther.

Damon steps in front of Hayley, convering her from Klaus' gaze. "If you wanna get to her, you're gonna have to go through me!" he snarls.

"Oh, I'm not going to do anything to her, mate." Klaus says, seemingly calm and nonchalant. Damon squirms his eyebrows in irritation. A bad predicament stabs me in the stomach. A predicament which is, as I find out next, completely true. Klaus lips twist into an ugly snarl of fury.

"I am going to kill you first. And in order to make sure your lover receives the message, you're going to suffer!" he growls. I barely see Damon taking a defensive stance when Klaus lunges at him and throws him across the room. He crashes into a table.

In the next second, Klaus is already hovering over him

In the next second, Klaus is already hovering over him. He rips off Damon's arm, breaks a salt can from the now broken table and punches the mixture of broken glass and salt into the open wound. Damon screams.

"No!" I feel my body breaking out of its frozen state and try to get to Klaus to pull him off of my friend somehow, but two arms stop me. Elijah catches me with one arm around my neck and the other around my waist. He holds me back. I try to fight him, but he is so much stronger than me, he probably barely notices my efforts.

Hayley tries to pull Klaus away from Damon. In his rage, the blonde hybrid shoves her off, breaks two metal logs from a chair and uses them to pin the female werewolf against the diner wall. I see the metal piercing through her arms, trapping her. She screams in agony. Damon tries to get up and help her, but Klaus goes back to him for more torture before he can get up from the ground.

I struggle against the tight muscles of Elijah's arm around me. "Let me go, Elijah!" I plead, horrified at the sight before me.

The dark-haired original pulls me closer to him until I am tightly pressed against his chest and his mouth is close to my ear. "There's nothing you can do, Elena. You would only get hurt. Come on, let's get you out of here."

He drags me out of the diner, away from the horrifying sight. Outside, there are multiple hybrids standing guard. I can't tell how many exactly; my vision is blurred by tears. But it doesn't matter anyway. Elijah puts me into the backseat of a black car and locks the doors, suprisingly gentle. From here, I cannot see what's going on inside the diner, but I still hear Damon's screams, the wailing and Hayley's cries. The knowledge that my friend in there will die a gruesome death makes me sick and pains me in the most agonizing way. Restlessly, I shift in my seat for a while, unable to stay still, until I can't take it anymore. The screams, the incredicle pain my friend is going through right now, it's just too much. I press my hands over my ears and scream, trying to make it stop.