Getting in Trouble

Elena's PoV

Med School is about to end for today. It's kind of funny. In High School, I used to find statistics boring, but now, the classroom with the lesson and everything makes me feel safe. Mainly because I know that the originals as well as their minions will stay away from my school and wait till it's over before they do something horrible again. One of the deals I made with Klaus.

The bell rings. I calmly pack up my stuff and meet Care and Bonnie outside. We leave the building and head towards the parking lot.

"Hey! Elena!" a voice behind me shouts. I turn around. It is Tyler.

"Hi." I greet him, slightly cautious though. Klaus had his witch reactivate the sire bond and told put an additional spell pn Tyler, making sure he would die if he dares to try and break it again.

He seems a bit uncomfortable. "How is Jeremy doing?"

"He's okay, I guess. I mean, as okay as can be. Safe, protected, with family, you know. I'm sorry about your Mom." Tyler genuinely cares about my brother and his well-being, I know that. He is probably glad I sent him away, even if he misses him. This way, Jeremy is no longer in the direct line of crossfire, which means Klaus is a lot less likely to command Tyler to kill his friend.

The young hybrid nods at my condolences. "Thanks. And, umm, sorry about your friend. Alaric. He was pretty cool. For a teacher anyway." his last words are a weak attempt to lighten things up.

"Has Mr Big Bad Wolf given you any awful tasks for today? Because if you're free, you're welcome to join us for a yoga session. If you don't mind Rebekah joining us too, that is." Caroline offers.

Now, Tyler looks even more uncomfortable. "Actually, he did tell me to do something. I, umm," he glances awkwardly at me.

I realize what is going on. "You're supposed to bring me to him so he can take my blood again." I say.

He gives me an apologetic look and nods. I am not really surprised. He does that every few months.

And I know it would cause us pain if I refused, so I simply nod back at him and head towards his car. "Let's go then. Bonnie, Care, I'll see you tomorrow. Knowing how this normally goes, I definitely won't be able to do any yoga with you today."

My two best friends shoot worried and angry glances my way as I take a seat in Tyler's car.

"I'm sorry about this." he mutters, silently but genuinely.

"It's okay. I'm glad it's you who's delivering me today. Last time, the hybrid just grabbed me and threw me into the trunk of his car." I assure him.

***

One hour later, I am slowly starting to feel dizzy

One hour later, I am slowly starting to feel dizzy. The cannula in my arm stings a bit. My blood flows steadily through a tube from my arm to a blood bag. It's the second for today. Knowing Klaus, there will be more after this one.