Chapter 12: Not Really Sick

"You know how to kill a fish?"

"You don't?"

Lalisa and Jungkook stared at each other, both confused. You see, they ended up being in the same group for home economics and they had to learn how to cook anything that involves seafood.

There Lalisa was, utterly shocked when Jungkook singlehandedly and unhesitatingly killed the fish barehand. She gripped onto the knife she was carrying, staring at the dead fish on the chopping board.

"Are you perhaps . . ." Jungkook's brows furrowed as he examined her expression. "Are you scared of blood?"

With Lalisa not being to respond right away, Jungkook began to face–palm.

"And you plan to become a doctor?" He shook his head. He removed his gloves and nudged their group mate. "I'll be back, I'll just take Lali——"

"You okay there, Lalipop?" Taehyung approaches Lalisa, momentarily leaving his group behind. "You're pale. Should I escort you to the clinic?"

Lalisa shook her head, smiling at Taehyung. "I'm alright. And no, I am not scared of blood."

Jungkook chuckled, shrugging. "If you say so."

"You're scared of blood?" Taehyung lifted his eyebrows up. "Then I shouldn't take you with me when I become a police officer, things'll get nasty."

"You can step back for this one, I can take care of it," Jungkook tells her. "I'll just call you after we clean the mess up."

"Hey, I told you. I am not scared of——"

Jungkook chuckled, causing the others to look their way. He approached Lalisa, lightly flicking her forehead. "Whatever you say. Now go, I'll call you after this part is over."

Taehyung stood there feeling helpless. Should he say something? What should he do? Nothing came running in his mind.

Lalisa shyly scratched the nape of her neck. "Call me when it's over."

After successfully putting his gloves on, Jungkook gave her a tiny salute. With this, Lalisa smiled at him, going to the other side to help the rest of their group mates out.

Taehyung couldn't help but notice how Jungkook and Lalisa were gradually becoming closer day by day. And because of this, a pair of jealous eyes were also focused onto the two.

>><<

Lalisa and Jungkook were washing the dishes together. They're just about done with their activity. Their other group mates were cleaning up back at the Home Economics room.

The two were silent, so Lalisa tried to think of a topic. However, Jungkook beat her to it.

"Why do you want to become a doctor if you're afraid of blood?" Jungkook asks her, continuing to wash the dishes.

Lalisa glances at him then fixates her eyes back onto the dishes. "I just wanted to fulfil someone's dream. You know, Martin Luther King once said that you can kill the dreamer but not the dream." She lowly chuckled.

Something didn't sit right with Jungkook. "You really wanna do engineering, don't you?" He recalls a conversation they had before regarding their dreams.

"Well, it would be lovely if I got to do that too . . ." she mumbles. "Wouldn't it be great if you chose to study a profession that you actually wanted?" She shrugged.

Jungkook halted for a moment, repeating Lalisa's words beneath his breath. "I actually wanted . . ."

"Jungkook! Ji-yeon's looking for you!" A classmate called Jungkook.