Chapter 4: Ice Cream Is Perfect

Lalisa sighs as she heads to the cafeteria alone.

Today, Chaeyoung was sick so she had to skip classes. And so, Lalisa had no choice but to eat alone. She just took a tray and went to her table, not really feeling like a loner.

She doesn't really mind, but she just misses Chaeyoung.

As she was eating, her doe eyes gravitated upwards upon noticing that a tray was placed right in front of her.

"Taehyung," Lalisa softly smiles at him.

Taehyung chuckles, waving at her as he sits right in front of her. "Eating alone, Lalipop?"

Lalisa shrugs, "Chaeyoung's sick," she told him.

Taehyung nodded as he took his drink and opened it, gulping half of it down. "Well, is it alright if I eat with you for now?"

Lalisa nods, "Sure," she curtly says.

Just then, a senior tapped Taehyung's shoulder. "I'm sorry, the student council president is looking for you," the person says.

Taehyung sighs. His responsibilities always becomes a barrier for his little moments with Lalisa. He then turns towards Lalisa apologetically.

Lalisa shook her head, beaming a smile as she understands him. "Go on! Just make sure to eat after that, okay?"

Taehyung smiles, appreciating her genuine concern for him. He then turns towards the student and nods, bringing his tray with him as he leaves Lalisa there.

Lalisa heaves a sigh as she watches Taehyung walk away with the student, focusing back onto her meal.

Just then, she was startled upon someone sitting right in front of her yet again. There, her eyes widened upon seeing Jeon Jungkook.

He didn't mind her shocked reaction and continued on eating, as if what he did wasn't a big deal to her at all. First of all, it's the first time she ever saw him leaving that classroom and actually eating in the cafeteria. Second of all, he's sharing a table with her despite the fact that they weren't exactly on good terms last time.

You see, Jungkook seemed to be the one who receives a red flag, judging by how moody he is. One moment, he'll be nice to her, and the other, he'll appear annoyed.

It really confused Lalisa.

He casually ate, not bothering to look at her. Meanwhile, Lalisa's mouth stood agape, still not believing it.

"W–what are you doing here?" Lalisa asks.

"Eating," Jungkook curtly answers as he looks at her.

"I mean, why at this table? With me?" she asks yet again.

"Do you want me to leave?" Jungkook asks, arching an eyebrow.

Lalisa gulps, quickly shaking her head. "No, of course! I'm just... curious."

"Shouldn't I be the one asking you that?" Jungkook mumbles.

"Huh?" Lalisa's forehead creases, confused.

Jungkook smirks, looking at his food. "You're sitting in Chanyeol hyung and Jimin hyung's table," Jungkook says.

Lalisa's brows lifted up, seeing that she was sitting there. Rats! This is Chanyeol and Jimin's favourite spot! Lalisa bit her bottom lip in embarrassment.

She began to nod, taking her tray and began to stand up.

Jungkook's forehead creased. "What are you doing?" he asks her.