Chapter 7: Taking The Walls Down

Lalisa found it utterly odd on how Chaeyoung was quiet.

They're currently eating lunch together, and Chaeyoung hasn't muttered a word. As Lalisa was contemplating whether she should ask Chaeyoung what the matter was, she began to remember on how things didn't necessarily go well the last time she did so.

You see, Lalisa and Chaeyoung are quite similar when in comes to being in a bad mood — if they wanna tell you, then they would.

They both don't really like it when people bombard them with questions that just irritates them even more. And so, with a heavy heart, Lalisa just decided to sigh it off, trying to understand her bestfriend.

Shoving the spoon directly into her mouth, she eyed the gentlemen on the other table where Chanyeol and Jimin would usually sit during lunch.

However, the two were accompanied with . . . their juniors! Chanyeol, Jimin, Taehyung, and Jungkook were all sitting in one table.

Lalisa bit her spoon upon hearing those annoying murmurs from the females around them, fantasising about the four being the school's F4, referencing them to Meteor Garden (or Boys Over Flowers).

Lalisa thought that it was quite cliché — four good-looking men sitting in one table, and ending up forming a group? It's not the first time that she ever heard that.

What troubled her was the perplexed look on Jungkook's face. Lalisa wondered what could possibly be running into his mind. And then, she noticed that Jimin wore the same face as Jungkook's.

Weird, Lalisa thought. Why are they in a bad mood?

Lalisa badly tried to convince herself that Chaeyoung wasn't upset of Jimin. Why would she be upset of Jimin to start off? Are they already friends or something?

As she was basically gritting the spoon in her mouth, Chanyeol suddenly turned around, facing to her direction. Lalisa's eyes widened and averted them elsewhere, trying to act totally normal.

Chanyeol rolled his eyes at this, witnessing Lalisa's failed attempt. "You two, come sit with us," Chanyeol invited.

Lalisa's jaw dropped in an instant. She somehow made eye contact with Jungkook that very moment too, which the lad quickly broke once he darted his gaze onto his tray, poking his food with a fork.

Is this guy mad at me or something? Lalisa pursed her lips, seeing how Jungkook was acting.

It's actually been two days after that field trip. And, Jungkook has been purposely avoiding her as well. Okay, maybe he's not avoiding her because he normally ignores her but — they were going so well and them suddenly, they were back to square one.

"Uhm," Lalisa mumbled, not knowing whether she should accept the tempting offer or not.

She locked gazes with Taehyung, who simply gave her a signal to join them, pairing it up with his signature boxy smile. Lalisa dawned her eyes over her bestfriend, who seemed like she couldn't care less.

"No, thank you," Lalisa politely declined Chanyeol's offer with a smile.

Chanyeol pursed his lips, glancing at Chaeyoung, and then onto Jimin who was in an equal mood as hers. He face-palmed, thinking how the two aren't even a couple but they seemed like they just had a lovers' quarrel.

That's good, isn't it? Chanyeol thought, remembering that he wasn't in favour of Jimin for his sister.

Jungkook wasn't actually in a bad mood, he just didn't want to face Lalisa. For now, that is. Remembering how he casually did all that back in the field trip, he felt embarrassed. Surely, almost everything he did was against his family's chivalrous principles — that is, to get near a girl like that, and just be all casual with physical contact.