Chapter 6: Field Trips Are Fun With Your Crush

It's the day that Lalisa has long awaited for — their field trip day!

Since Chaeyoung conveniently didn't have to go to that family trip, she and Lalisa will be sitting together.

Actually, Lalisa and Chaeyoung aren't allowed to be in the same bus. They have different sections, with Lalisa being in Class 11 - A and Chaeyoung being in Class B. Lalisa thought that she didn't actually like to be in the 11 - A bus since she feels like she's left behind.

And so, even if it's not usually allowed, the faculty and staff agreed that Lalisa would ride in the 11 - B bus. She felt both glad and disconsolate because of this — happy, because she'll be reuniting with her former classmates, and will be sitting besides Chaeyoung. Glum, because she won't share the same bus with Jungkook.

Oh, well. Chaeyoung is much more important.

"Are you ready?" Chaeyoung asks Lalisa. Lalisa bites her bottom lip and nods, opening the door to get out of the car. And as the gentlewoman Lalisa is, she also assisted Chaeyoung to get out of the car.

Chanyeol, who was sitting in the shotgun seat, got out as well and carried the girls' things for them. Once they reached the meeting place for the students, Chanyeol turned towards the girls.

"Do you two need me to escort you to your bus?" Chanyeol asks.

Chaeyoung is actually growing suspicious of him, considering that he isn't usually this thoughtful and protective of her before.

"What are we? Five?" Chaeyoung impolitely spits out at him.

Chanyeol rolls his eyes at her. Lalisa gulped, awkwardly laughing in between them. "It's alright, oppa. We can handle ourselves."

Chanyeol nods at Lalisa and glances at Chaeyoung. He hands their stuff to them and wears his cap, hoisting one of his bag's straps onto his right shoulder. "I'll go ahead. If something goes wrong, you know my number."

"You're acting like a big brother, what did you do? You can confess now while you have the chance," Chaeyoung tells Chanyeol.

Chanyeol clicks his tongue, turning around and walked away from the two.

Chaeyoung purses her lips as he watches Chanyeol's figure gradually becoming tiny. "I'm sure he did something. Why else would he be acting like that?"

Lalisa just giggles, pulling Chaeyoung with her to go to their bus. Good thing Lalisa and Chaeyoung weren't early nor late, they were just on time!

Once the two entered the bus, Chaeyoung immediately made an announcement. "Everyone!" she immediately caught their attention, "Guess who's riding with us?"

Lalisa scooted in front of Chaeyoung and waved at them. The whole bus of 11 - B began cheering. Lalisa giggled, grateful. "Oh, can I take the——?"

"Window seat? Yes, you may," Lalisa cut her off, already knowing what's on her bestfriend's mind.

She and Chaeyoung then proceeded to their seats, a few of Lalisa's former classmates bombarding her with questions about the star section (Class 11 - A).

Of course, Lalisa only said the good things.

After a few more chit-chats, Lalisa looked around, brows furrowing. "Where are the others?" She notices that not all of them are present.

"Either on a vacation or are just lazy to go," one of them answered, chuckling.

Lalisa purses her lips. "Joining this trip is actually required for us, extra grades, you know?"