Chapter 6.5: Field Trips Are Fun With Your Crush

Lalisa squints her eyes, trying to get a better view of the painting before her. After the mind museum, they headed to an art gallery. Unlike the others who were bored, Lalisa was excited.

But of course, seeing Lalisa happy makes Chaeyoung happy as well. "We can cut in line," Chaeyoung tells Lalisa, seeing how her bestfriend is eager to at least get a glimpse of the painting.

Lalisa shakes her head, smiling at Chaeyoung. "You can go ahead and check the other paintings, I'll stay here," Lalisa tells Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung was supposed to decline, but then, Chanyeol appeared out of nowhere and ruffled her hair. "You're coming with me, lil' sis."

Chaeyoung began to glare at the elder, resting her palms on her waist. "And what makes you think that I'll go with--no way!" Chaeyoung's eyes widened upon seeing Chanyeol holding her credit card. "How?!" Chaeyoung grunted as she gritted her teeth towards her brother.

Chanyeol gave her a sheepish smile and tucked her credit card back in his pocket. "Coming with me or not?" he asks her.

Chaeyoung turns towards Lalisa, who seemed like she was too engrossed with waiting in line to view the painting. She tapped Lalisa's shoulder, catching her attention (somehow).

"Yes?" Lalisa says whilst staring straight ahead.

"Chanyeol oppa wants to take me away, we'll meet at the bus, okay?" Chaeyoung tells Lalisa.

"What? Sure, yeah," Lalisa tells her and swats Chaeyoung's hand off from her shoulder. Chaeyoung rolls her eyes because of this - she questioned if her bestfriend's love for paintings exceeded her love for her.

Chanyeol beams a triumphant smile as he grabs Chaeyoung's arm and made her walk away with him. Lalisa, though she appeared like she hardly cared and that she didn't listen, she was actually well-aware of what was going on around her, and why Chanyeol wanted to pull Chaeyoung out of the scene.

You see, Park Jimin was nearby, and Lalisa swears that he's with Taehyung and Jungkook at the moment. Taehyung, being the social butterfly he is, easily made friends with Jimin. When Lalisa glanced at their direction, Jungkook was already nowhere to be found, whereon Jimin and Taehyung were left conversing with each other.

Lalisa was startled when she felt a few people bump onto her shoulder. Though she wanted to call those people out for cutting in line, she badly held it in and clenched her fists instead.

Why do people lack discipline these days? She thought, deciding to turn around and leave the scene.

As she was walking around the art gallery, she couldn't help but be annoyed by the fact that she didn't get to fully see the whole painting in view. She looked around, noticing that there was an area where no one bothered to go to.

She shrugged, her gut instinct telling her to go there, and so she did. She took steps which were quiet and gentle, feeling like she had to do that since her surroundings were deafening, with almost nothing heard but the faint sound of the air-conditioning bustling.

There, she came across a painting that piqued her fancy. Her jaws dropped at its beauty — how come no one was there to appreciate how beautiful the art was?

She took a few steps closer, mouth hanging ajar as she pries her eyes over the art, carefully observing each and every detail — she felt amazed on how the colours should contrast each other, but turned out rather harmonious together.

Fortunately, she brought her camera with her, and immediately took it out of her backpack. She began to capture a few snaps of it, remembering to turn off the flash.