Chapter 20

Kayla clenched Collin's arm and hung onto him tightly. Her slim body bucked as the wave bore down on her.
"Open your eyes, Kayla. Feel it. Let it go." He whispered.

She felt her love for Collin burst forth, along with the memories of her long walk through the desert.
She nearly exploded and felt waves of pleasure wash over her. When it passed, she opened her eyes. Collin gazed at her tenderly.
"Are you okay?" He asked, his eyes full of love.
"Yes." She smiled. Her lips found his once more, kissing him tenderly. They both rested against the bed.
"How did that feel?" He asked her, his voice deep and tender.
"So good."
"Do you feel it?" he asked.
"Yes. Yes." She said, breathing quickly. Her eyes shone with joy.
"What did it feel like?" he asked her.
"I'm not sure.....like.....fireworks." She giggled.
"Fireworks?" He questioned. "Like fireworks?"
"Yeah...And the feeling when they light up the sky...and explode..." Kayla said, still catching her breath. Collin kissed her, one hand sliding to her bare hip.
"Are you ready for the next part?" He asked.
"Yes...why?"
"I told you I wanted to touch you." He said. "No one has ever made me feel this way; I had no idea I could love someone like this. I want you to know that I feel things for you that I've never felt before."
"What kind of things?"
Collin took in a quick breath. "Things that I can't describe. I love you. And I want to give you this ability to feel, to be touched, to be loved, by me. I want to show you that one day you won't feel scared, or lonely, or weak... You'll feel safe and free..."
"Collin, that's...that's beautiful," Kayla said.

"I love you. You have nothing to be afraid of, Kayla."
Kayla kissed his chest letting him hold her close. For a moment, she was weightless, floating, the whole world open to her. She felt Collin being drawn in and felt his heart flutter.
"Relax, sweetheart." He whispered.
Kayla's hips moved in response to Collin's gentle hand. He cupped her cheek and pressed his eyes close.
Kayla's chest rose and fell in the darkness, listening to Collin's soft breath. For a moment, her heart slowed. She felt Collin hesitate, and the tension in her legs.
"I love you. You have nothing to be afraid of, Kayla." She could feel his heart slamming in his chest.
Kayla took another deep breath.

"Your heart is going crazy." She whispered.
"I think it's running away with me," Collin whispered back. "It's been a long time since I've been with a person I could be this close to." He told her gently.
"But I understand. I understand." Kayla told him.
"You're the only one I would let in here.
His mouth captured hers in a kiss so passionate, strong, and certain. Kayla knew that he would protect her like he protected everything in his life. She gave herself to him with no hesitation.
Collin's lips climbed up her thigh, his body thrilled with anticipation.
"I'll be gentle, I promise."

Collin was a man of his word; he was a man who had lived a life full of bitterness, fury, and regret. He thought he would be hardened, but instead, he found a brand of redemption that he never knew he had. Kayla was a force of nature, a storm that would break the hardest of hearts. She had made him love her, and it was the purest feeling in the world. He was reborn, and Kayla was the only woman who could make him complete.

She was a part of him, and he was all that mattered to her.
"I must have done something right to deserve you." He whispered against her skin. "I love you. I wake up every morning, and feel so thankful... to feel so many things..."
She took a shuddering breath as the taste of his touch lingered on her tongue. "I never thought I would be able to be with someone. I never thought I would feel like this. With you." Kayla's voice broke, and so did Collin's heart.

"I could never be happier," he told her. Kayla's body ached with need. There was no fear. Forgetting bad memories, Kayla had always wanted to feel love. She wanted to feel wanted; she wanted to feel she was cherished. She felt it with Collin. He held her in his arms and did everything not to overwhelm her.
"I'm not afraid."
"It's alright, sweetheart. I'll take care of you." Collin reassured me. "I'll be gentle, Kayla." He told her. "I don't want to hurt you." He kissed her again.
"You won't hurt me," She assured him. "Please, go on. Love me." Collin opened Kayla's legs and pushed himself between them. His groin throbbed from his desire to be inside of her. It seemed too much like an intrusion of some sort. The urge was overwhelming. She was his now. No one else. He could do what he wanted to her. He slid his hands behind her knees, pulling them around his waist.
Collin bent his head low; nipping her neck with his teeth. She felt a sharp heat deep inside her and drew in a hissing breath.
"Collin....something's happening... I can feel... something." Kayla said.
She felt a tremor deep under her skin; it was as white hot.
"You're ready for me, Kayla," Collin said; his voice thick with emotion. He was shaking. "You can't feel what I'm feeling, Kayla. It's like I can't control myself. I don't know how to be gentle."
She smiled at him.
"Collin....it's okay." She reassured him.
"I won't hurt you...I'll take care of you, baby."
Kayla knew that no one would protect her like Collin. She loved him. He paused, hesitant.
"Kayla...I'm shaking...I want this....and I want you...but I don't want to hurt you."
"It's hurting not having you inside of me. It's hurting not having your body on mine." She told him.