Chapter 23

A few days later, Collin and Kayla spent a lot of time outside together doing chores. Kayla was sweaty and drew herself a warm bubble bath. She sank into the sudsy water, feeling so relaxed.  She closed her eyes and rested her head against the tub.
It had been such a long time, that she had almost forgotten how it felt to be with a man, much less Collin. His soft touch on her skin...the thrill of his touch on her bare skin...How safe she felt in his arms. She couldn't lose that feeling again. She loved Collin and she wanted to be with him.
Collin came in.

"Hey, beautiful." He said. He watched her relax, as though there would be no one else in the world for her. He stood there a minute.

"Join me?" She asked, smiling.

"Sure," he answered, stripping off his clothes and getting into the tub with Kayla.
He leaned forward and kissed her lips. "Do you love me?" He asked sweetly, brushing the wet tendrils of hair out of her face.
"Yes." She whispered.
"Do you trust me?"
"Yes." She said.
"Say it."
"I love you and I trust you." He smiled, then handed her a bar of soap; like she was a child.
"Ok," Collin said. "So, wash my back."

  Kayla did so, washing away the dirt and sweat that accumulated on his body. She washed his front, as well, and when she moved to his back. She began to massage his tense muscles, which caused him to groan deeply.
Her hands traveled lower than his back and rubbed the knots she found. Collin groaned, arching. Kayla ran the bubbles up and down his muscular back. She felt so relaxed all the pain, hurt, and fear she felt was gone. She couldn't care less about her past and the troubles that filled her mind faded into nothingness. As she finished, Collin took the soap, and Kayla took the moment to gaze at him. When he turned around, his eyes sparkled. They were the world's most beautiful eyes.
"Babe, I know you want to wash the rest." He said, grinning devilishly. Kayla giggled.
He had the body of a grown man. Taller than average, strong, and broad-shouldered with a deep tan. He was gorgeous and he knew it. Kayla couldn't take her eyes off him. There was something about him.
She ran the bubbles down his chest. His muscles contracted under her touch. He had muscular arms and thighs; with a lean belly. When she touched them, they were golden brown and so soft. As she gazed at him, she realized he was very good-looking.
She took the soap and touched his broad shoulders, pushing the bubbles into his brown hair. He arched his back a little. She then ran the soap from his shoulders down his arms, watching the bubbles run down them.
He had nice hands, she thought. It was weird to think that at one time, she had touched his hands. How could she forget that? How could she forget him?
Her insides quivered with love. She was so lucky to have him now.
Her life seemed better than ever after him in it. She knew they were going to make it.
He laid back, so Kayla's head was under his chin. He put his arms around her, and the warm, watery air filled his lungs.

The heat radiating from the water was soothing against his skin. He closed his eyes and inhaled deeply. This was his paradise and she was his.
For the first time since they'd met, she felt safe. No more bad men or danger would follow her.
And he would never leave her side again.

"I won't ever let anyone hurt you again. I promise." He said.
"The other night still feels surreal," Kayla murmured. "You made me feel safe. I know I can put all of that horrible stuff behind me. It's always going to be with me though."
"All of the bad stuff you've been through is going to fade, if not completely. You will be whole again. I promise you that." Collin said.
He rubbed her back slowly. She leaned back against him. "What are you thinking?" he asked, softly.
"I'm thinking about being with you forever," Kayla whispered.
"Me too." He replied. "We are going to be happy."
Kayla wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him into a kiss. Her breasts pressed against his chest.
As he held her, the words flowed out of her mouth.
"I will always love you. I will never leave you. I promise to love no other man as I do you. I promise. I never meant to fall in love, but I did. I'm thankful it was you. I love you." There was passion.