3.4

The next day Aurora had herbology, another class she was awful at. Plants seemed to wilt at her very touch. Luckily she found herself surrounded by her new friends, who talked about an incident involving Ron's old rat and Hermione's cat. It seemed to distract the professor enough that she hadn't even noticed Aurora accidentally killed the plant in front of her.

That afternoon she joined Ron and Hermione in Hogsmeade, looking around the many shops and laughing at the stupid jokes Ron would crack. It was a shame Harry hadn't been there with them, but without the form his guardian had to sign there was no chance he would be allowed to go.

Upon returning to the portrait of the Fat Lady, they saw large claw marks in the painting. The Fat Lady herself was nowhere to be seen and Percy, Ron's brother and head boy for Gryffindor, refused to let anyone enter until it was searched. The paintings around them were crying and freaking out over their friend's disappearance, but Aurora could only focus on the claw marks. Long... uneven... Her eyes narrowed as she recognized the pattern.

It wasn't long until Dumbledore had arrived and everyone was looking for the Fat Lady. Her loud crying was easy to spot and the headmaster made his way towards her. From further down the stairs the only thing Aurora could hear was, "He's here, somewhere in the castle. Sirius Black!"

The Gryffindor's were led to the Great Hall, where they were soon joined by the other students and told that a search needed to be conducted. Aurora laid in a sleeping bag between Harry and Hermione, staring at the ceiling quietly as the trio whispered,

"Do you think Black's still in the castle?" Hermione asked,

"Maybe he knows how to apparate." One student said to their friend.

"He might've flown in." Another added.

Hermione rolled her eyes and leaned across Aurora to speak to Harry and Ron, "You can't apparate in here because of the enchantments and with all the dementors here I doubt a disguise would work."

"No more talking!" Percy shouted, the candles going out.

Aurora found herself struggling to sleep, staring at the ceiling for over an hour before she finally drifted off.

No one spoke of Black the days after, at least not when Aurora was around. News had spread quickly about Potter's little trio becoming a quartet, with the Ollivander being a new subject of gossip. She hated hearing the rumors, people saying that she wasn't a real Gryffindor and that she didn't deserve to be friends with them. Though she wanted to sew the mouths shut of everyone whispering about her, it only gave her more of a reason to get closer with the rest of the group. She found herself talking more during lunches and dinners, helping Harry with his classes, and teaching Hermione more about wands. Ron, however, still wasn't pleased about their little addition.

It wasn't long before the group was back in the defense against the dark arts classroom sitting next to Harry. Professor Snape quickly walked in, striding to the front and pulling down a projector screen.

"Turn to page 394." He spoke in his regular monotone voice.

As he walked down the aisle Harry leaned forward, "Excuse me sir, where's professor Lupin?"

"Your professor finds himself incapable of teaching at the present time." He stood behind a projector, "Turn to page 394." He said again, anger edging his voice. When he noticed Ron slowly flipping the pages, a gust of wind brought the book directly to the correct page.

"Werewolves?" Ron said, staring at the pages in front of him.

"But sir, we've only begun learning about Red Caps and Hinkypunks. We're not meant to start nocturnal beasts for weeks." Hermione said, seemingly appearing next to Ron.