4.11

Upon arriving at the stadium built for the challenge Hermione split off from Aurora, telling her that she needed to talk to Harry for a moment. So the Ollivander found a seat next to Ron. He looked as nervous as she felt, his face even paler than usual.

"You don't actually think anyone's gonna die, right?" He said nervously.

Aurora stared at the arena in front of them, her voice a little shaky, "Honestly? I've got no clue."

Hermione eventually found them and sat just in time for the starting cannon to go off. Cedric Diggory went first, outwitting a blueish-grey Swedish Short-Snout by transfiguring a rock into a large dog. The dragon went after the rock-dog first, but the moment its jaws snapped down on the "dog's" fur it transformed back and the dragon, even angrier now that it realized it had been tricked, turned back to the Hufflepuff and blew a string of fire towards him. Cedric managed to grab his golden egg and get out with a few burns, but the crowd cheered wildly for him and he scored a solid twenty.

Fleur went next with a beautiful Welsh Green Dragon as her opponent. They were easily the tamest of all dragons, with very few recorded attacks, but Fleur made the mistake of using a sleeping charm on it. When the dragon snored a huge jet of flames blew out of its mouth and burned her uniform. Aurora wasn't paying much attention to the match after Fleur put out her skirt and snatched the golden egg. In terms of excitement, it was a solid two. But the girl scored a seventeen and the students (most of whom were infatuated with her) cheered loudly.

Krum decided to go on the offensive for his match, shooting the Chinese Fireball he was against with a blasting curse straight to the eye. The dragon's scream almost burst everyone's eardrums and it smashed half of the real eggs. It brought a frown to Aurora's face, along with many other students who booed at his impressive twenty-two point score.

Finally, Harry went last. His fear was clear on his face and his fingers seemed to shake. The crowd was split, with many people cheering as others booed. The black Hungarian Horntail he was up against glared at him with yellow eyes and it's claws scraped against the rock with a deafening screech. There was a moment of hesitation, then another, and finally Harry pointed his wand towards the sky.

"Accio Firebolt!"

The crowd silenced. Aurora's nails dug into her hands to the point where they were breaking skin and the dragon's chain rattled as it attempted to get closer to Harry.

Another moment...

And another...

And then the firebolt, in all its glory, sped through the air and stopped aside him. The crowd cheered louder than ever as he jumped on and began to fly high into the air. The Horntail roared, its wings beating around it as it lifted itself off of the ground and towards the boy. The chain, which had been wrapped around the dragon's leg, snapped as if it were mere paper, and it hurtled itself towards him.

"It's just like Quidditch Harry, come on..." Aurora murmured, keeping her eyes trained on his rapidly moving broom. He dove down, the dragon following with a jet of fire, before swerving to the right just in time. And then he climbed higher and higher, making the Horntail's head spin around to follow him. He plummeted again, barely missing the flames that erupted from the dragon's mouth but not missing the club-like tail that hit his shoulder. The crowd gasped and Harry seemed to struggle to stay upright as his arm became practically useless.

The nest was unprotected and the firebolt was moving faster than anyone could follow. Before the large beast could even process what had happened, Harry was speeding towards the nest. Aurora held her breath. He reached out his one good arm and grabbed the golden egg, securing it under his arm before soaring up and over the stand. The noise of the crowd matched that of the Quidditch World Cup and Aurora jumped happily before turning to a teary-eyes Hermione and hugging her with such force that the brunette's back cracked.