4.6

Aurora's class schedule was fairly simple the next day. Herbology in the morning with her friends, muggle studies, and then divination in the afternoon.

Herbology was awful, as per usual, with the class being tasked to collect the pus from Bubotubers. They were the ugliest plant Aurora had ever seen, looking more like black slugs than actual plants. As Professor Sprout said, the pus was valuable and useful in many remedies that Madam Pomfrey used. Wearing dragon-hide gloves, Aurora squeezed one of the many liquid filled pustules on the plant. The yellowish-green liquid that came from them smelled like petrol and Aurora had a hard time keeping her breakfast down. Note to self, don't eat breakfast before herbology. She told herself.

Muggle studies was always interesting, with the incredibly kind Professor Burbage teaching the class about rotary phones. Aurora found it fascinating that muggles used them rather than sending letters or speaking to each other through fire like she was was accustomed to doing. Even better than the lesson was the fact that there were no Slytherins in the class. After all, none of them would choose to learn about the lives of people they often demeaned. It was mostly made up of muggle-borns that already knew everything about the objects and half bloods wanting to learn more about them. She made another mental note, this time to ask Hermione about some of the objects her parents often used in their daily life.

Finally divination, Aurora's favorite class. Harry and Ron were both in her class, but Hermione chose not to continue it after last year's debacle. Professor Trelawney had grown to love Aurora, mostly because they shared the same rare ability, and Aurora grew to appreciate the eccentric professor. While she was certainly a bit odd, Trelawney was caring and truly tried to teach her students (tried being the key word). The two boys were already in the room when she entered, sitting at the same table as they did last year. Aurora sat with them, admiring the many rugs and shawls draped around the room. She would never say it out loud, but she truly missed being in the classroom.

"Good day." Professor Trelawney seemed to appear behind Harry, making the entire table jump. The thin woman peered down at them with the sad expression she always carried. "You are preoccupied, dear. I see difficult times ahead of you... I fear that the thing you dread to pass will indeed come to pass sooner than you think." With that she swept past them and stood in front of the class.

"It is time for us to consider the stars." Her voice was as dreamy and airy as ever, "The movement of the planets and the mysterious portents they reveal only to those who understand the steps of the celestial dance." Ron stared at Aurora, already lost, and she just shrugged. She didn't understand the Professor either.

About half an hour later each of them had a circular chart. They were tasked with filling in the position of the planets at their very moment of birth. Unlike most of the topics they had to learn in the class, it required tedious calculations. Aurora's chart was completed quickly and was all over the place. Sun in Capricorn, moon in Pisces, ascendant in Libra, Mercury in Sagittarius, Mars in Virgo, and Venus in Aquarius. She wasn't very knowledgeable in astrology and turned to her textbook for many of the answers on what each of those meant.

Harry, on the other hand, was having a hard time completing his, "I've got two Neptune's here... that can't be right, can it?"

"When two Neptune's appear in the sky, it is a sure sign that a midget in glasses is being born..." Ron impersonated the teacher, making the trio fall into a fit of laughter,

"Give it here Harry, I'll help you." Aurora scooted closer to him, looking at the haphazard placement of his lines. Ron held back a laugh at the pink shade Harry's face was turning, "Well here's your first problem, you were born in July. You're a Leo, not a Sagittarius." Ron couldn't help the laughter escape.