4.10

Hogwarts was strict about their uniform policy. Tidy hair, ironed cloak, tie so tight it practically strangled the owner, and absolutely no unnecessary accessories. Yet for some odd reason the entire student body was allowed to wear badges with Cedric's face on them that changed to say 'Potter stinks!' with no repercussions.

Aurora wasn't one for accessories anyway, especially not those who demeaned her friends. Yes, she still considered Harry a friend, though she was strongly reconsidering her role in the 'Harry Potter Protection Squad' as Ron liked to call it.

Cedric had apologized for the badges the moment she saw them, but they weren't the reason she had seeked him out that day. She pulled him away from his friends in the courtyard for one reason and one reason only, information.

"Aurora Ollivander, you're certainly a hard one to find these days." He had said once they were alone,

Her brow furrowed, "You've been looking for me?"

"Well, yes. I wanted to ask you something. Would you–"

Before he could continue she cut him off, "Can I ask you something first?" A confused look passed over his face, but nevertheless he nodded, "The tournament, have you heard about the first task?" He shook his head, "It's dragons. One of the Weasley's works with them, I guess, and they've brought one for each of you."

"Are you serious?" She stared up at him, nodding vigorously, "How do you know?"

She shrugged, not mentioning the vision she had of Fleur battling a Green Welsh Dragon that morning, but rather the conversation she had heard at breakfast, "Ron and Ginny were talking about it." Glancing around him, she noticed Harry and Ron having what looked to be a heated conversation, "I have to go, bye Cedric!"

"Wait but–" She pushed by him quickly and practically jogged over to the two boys. She hadn't even managed to catch the tail end of the conversation before Ron stormed off and Draco stopped Harry from sulking back to his dorm.

"My father and I have a bet." He hopped down from a tree, wandering over with his posse of Slytherins. "I don't think you're gonna last ten minutes in this tournament." She could see Harry tense up and quickened her pace across the courtyard, "He disagrees. Says you won't last five–"

"I don't give a damn what your father thinks, Malfoy." Harry practically yelled. By that point Aurora managed to catch up and stood next to him.

"Getting brave, eh Potter? We'll see how long that lasts when you get beat by that frail little Beauxbaton girl."

Knowing she shouldn't but deciding anyway, Aurora stepped in front of Harry and shoved Malfoy back, "You think you can't be beat by a girl?" She pushed him again, his back hitting the tree. Harry and the others around them stared in shock, "How about we put it to the test?"

"Defending your little boyfriend Ollivander? Maybe I should show you–" He was cut off by a slap to the face from Aurora. Harry grabbed her arm, pulling her towards him and forcing her to start walking away before Draco could retaliate.

They hadn't seen what happened for Moody to come out of the shadows, but upon hearing Malfoy shriek they turned to find a white ferret in his place, "I'll teach you to curse someone when their back is turned." The Professor hobbled over to the group, waving his wand and making ferret Draco lift into the air. He jostled the animal around for a moment, only stopping when Professor McGonagall rushed over.

"Professor Moody, what are you doing?"

"Teaching."

"If that a– is that a student?"

People began to crowd around, watching as Moody forced the ferret into Crabbe's pants, "Technically it's a ferret." Aurora and Harry laughed alongside the rest of the students.

As Draco crawled out from Crabbe's pant leg McGonagall waved her wand and unfortunately transformed him back into a person. "Alestor. We never use transfiguation as punishment!" She stalked away, shooing the remaining students from the scene. Harry and Aurora glanced at each other, not saying anything as Moody beckoned for Harry to follow him.

"Wait, but–"

"Come with me." The Professor said,

Harry looked at her again and she shook her head, her stomach reeling being near the disturbing teacher. His gaze passed between the two, deciding to follow the teacher rather than heed her nonverbal warning. "We'll talk later." He quietly said before walking away.

She just sighed, watching the two leave and rubbing her stinging hand, "Yeah... We'll talk later."

'Later' only came around when Harry came stumbling into the common room hours later. The clock read two AM and only two students sat near the fire. His eyes set immediately on the two, Hermione and Aurora, who were reading through their charms textbooks.

"I need to perfect the Summoning Charm by this afternoon."

The girls paused, glancing up before sharing a look. Aurora shrugged and went back to reading while Hermione spoke, "Why?"

"Because the first challenge is dragons," Hermione's face paled, "And I haven't a clue how to win the challenge."

"So you want to use the Summoning Charm?" Aurora questioned, looking up at him.

He nodded, "My firebolt." He decided to leave out the part about Moody practically telling him to use the spell when he dragged the boy into his office. Harry also left out the part where Moody told him to not trust Aurora under any circumstances.

Hermione frowned, knowing that it would take ages for him to perfect and not wanting to stop her own studies. Seeing the look on her friend's face Aurora closed her book and stood with her wand in hand, "Just watch–" She flicked her wand down, "Accio Dicionary!" A large book from across the room came flying towards her before landing in her outstretched hand. While she hadn't improved in herbology or transfiguration, charms had certainly gotten easier for the witch with some practice. "With clear intent and concentration you'll be able to cast it whenever you want."

He nodded, turning towards a bottle of ink and trying the charm as Aurora had done it. It flew about halfway across the room before losing steam and dropping to the ground with a shatter. Aurora grimaced, "Just concentrate. Imagine it falling right into your hand."

And so they practiced the spell. Over and over again until he was finally getting the hang of it. For that hour there wasn't any awkward tension or mean words passed between the two, but in the back of her mind Aurora kept reminding herself of the events that had transpired that week. Eventually Harry had finally started to cast it consistently.

"Accio Quill!" The quill Hermione had been using to take notes was ripped from her hand, flying towards him.

Hermione grinned, "I think you've got it!"

"It just needs to work tomorrow. My broom is much farther away than anything in here and I'll be all the way out on the grounds."

"That won't matter." Aurora reassured him, "Just concentrate really, really hard on it and it'll come." Harry had stared at her for a moment, but just before he was able to thank her she grabbed her textbook, "You've got a long day ahead of you, we better go to sleep."

Hermione looked at the clock, "Oh you're right!" She quickly stood, grabbing her books and giving Harry a quick side-hug, "Good luck, we'll be cheering for you!"