What have I done!!

Trisha's POV

My trip to India was indeed a nice getaway from my problems even though it was for just a bit but it was good.

The trip we planned after the wedding was also a success. We had a lot of fun. Some of my other cousins wanted to join too, yes you guessed it right, for Neel but he again used me as his shield and somehow dodged them. He was safe but in the process he put me in a bad position with them. It's not like they were fond of me anyway and his act only worked as fuel in the already blazing fire. That idiot.

We went to a place called Lansdowne and its nearby areas. It's a hill station in  Uttarakhand, a state in northern India. It was really beautiful. The scenic view was rejuvenating. We had full relaxation there. All our tiredness from the wedding vanished. Then it was time for us to return back. We had an afternoon flight, so we landed next morning at 9 approx. I told mom and dad not to come pick me up and I would hail a cab. They were hesitant first but then agreed.

I came home and was greeted by Amanda. She had come back from our uncle's house.

"Hey sis, welcome back."

"Hy," I said jet lagged.

"Woah you need a good sleep. Just go and have some rest. We will catch up in the afternoon."

"Okay. Bye bye," I went to my room and just fall on the bed. I was too tired to change.

Amanda woke me up at 2pm to eat something. I freshened up and went downstairs to the kitchen where Amanda was setting the plates.

"Feeling energetic now."

"Yaa much better," I smiled.

"Okay, so tell me everything and show me the pictures too. You didn't post anything on instagram."

I wanted to but I didn't feel that way. I didn't want to show Shawn that I was enjoying after turning him down. How he would have felt if I had done it. So, I decided not to post anything related to my visit to India.

I told Amanda everything and showed her every picture and video I had in my phone. We talked a little more and then I suddenly felt the atmosphere of the room changing. It was giving ' Investigator Amanda ' vibe and I was right as what she asked later confirmed it.

"What happened at the prom between you and Shawn?"

I was about to say nothing when she said again," don't try saying nothing. What do you mean," she tried imitating me.

I was cornered with literally no way out. I knew I couldn't win this battle, so I decided to surrender.

"Shawn proposed me."

I waited for her reaction but it never came.

"You knew about it?" I asked wanting to know how.

"Well he came a month ago or so looking for you and I did the same what I did to you and he spilled the beans. Now care to explain why did you reject him?"

"And you have been holding back since then. You didn't call me to ask. Wow," I was surprised with her patience level.

"That's because I wanted it face to face. That's not important. You tell me miss why?"

"What do you mean why? It's because of you."

"Ahh becau.. because of me?" Amanda was confused.

"Well you told me not to talk to any of your friends, specially Shawn, "

"Well it was because I know you and how sarcastic you can be, " she said.

"What does that suppose to mean, " I asked confused.