The Game and Aftermath

Trisha's POV

A whole month went by after my birthday with all the same routine school, studies, assignments, homework and more homework.

Tomorrow is a big day for the soccer team and for Shawn too as tomorrow is the match for which he studied chemistry so hard. Everyone is very excited about the game as it is the last thing for the winter break.

At lunch Alex and Max started discussing about tomorrow's game and their plan for it.

"Hey girl! You are coming tomorrow, right?, " asked Alex.

"Of course she is coming. It's her first game as student of her new school. It was a very dumb question Alex, " said Max. "It's going to be so much fun.

" Yaa so much fun, " I said sarcastically.
"It's gonna be fun for everyone except for me. It's not some soccer match between two teams, it's between my ex school and my new school where the ex is not a bad one, "I explained them my dilemma and misery. "I cannot cheer for one without upsetting the other and I also can't ditch and you are saying it's gonna be fun. I think your definition of fun is quite different from mine in this case."

"Awww girl, we totally forgot that, " said Max and they both looked at me with sympathetic look.

"Okay now stop giving me those looks. I am not some damsel in distress. Forget about tomorrow and first focus on today, " I said and we all went to our respective classes.

I don't know what am I gonna do. It's two against one this time. On one side is Sam and the other its Jeremy and Shawn. Well before I change the school, I used to ditch the games saying that I could not cheer for one, Jeremy or Sam but now there is shawn too. I don't know why but I can't make up my mind to choose one team. I don't know about Sam but for Shawn it's kind of a big deal, it's about his captaincy even though for just one year. I mean that's what coach told me when he asked me to tutor him.

Tomorrow came pretty quickly and Max and Alex gave me the ride for the game as Amanda went ahead because of some cheerleading stuff.

This time the game is in our school as last year it was organised by my old school. God! it's so weird to say old school, new school again and again. Both Alex and max were wearing soccer jerseys to show their support for their team. I didn't where anything like that not even the colour which might match with any of the team's jersey. I cannot afford to upset anyone as I know how dramatic sam can be when it comes to things like these.

We reached the school in 10 minutes and there was still time before the match starts. The match was to start at 7 so decide to go and wish best of luck to both the teams, well to Sam, Jeremy and shawn, to be more precise. I decided to go to Sam first so I told Alex and max to save me a seat and went to meet Sam.

"Hey Sam, " I greeted him and he hugged me and greeted me back.

"All the best for the game, " I wished him.

"Thanks Trisha. I am so glad you came to support us. But why aren't you wearing the jersey, " he asked.

"Sam, I'm not supporting anyone. I can't. I just came to wish you luck. May the best team wins. That's all I want, "I told him the stern look.

" You are kidding, right?. I mean it's only been few months and you have changed your team already. How could you do this Trisha?, "he asked angrily.

" I told you, I am not supporting anyone and I haven't changed my team. I was never in any and you know it, "I tried to convince him.

" Oh really. Fine then. Wear this jacket at least for the first half for the sake of our friendship, "he insisted.

I knew there was no way he was going to let it go. So, I reluctantly took the jacket from him and wore it. ( I will take it off later.)