Jealousy is in the air

Trisha' POV

You know how people say that sometimes you need luck as well to get a work done. Well that's the exact thing my life was missing. God damn luck or what else could be the reason. Maybe I had angered some deity up there and they had messed with me.

I mean everything was falling at place. I was going to the same high school as my sister. We were bonding. I made new friends at the new school and finally a boy started liking me and what I did? What did I do? I fu****g messed it up. But but my misery didn't end there my fellas. No, no ,no. When I finally realised my mistake and decided to correct it I found him getting all too friendly with a friend, a female friend who was also at the summer camp with him. I mean fantastic. Superb.

I know I know what you guys would say." They are just friends. I should try. It was my fault afterall." But but who would make this stupid ego understand. The moment I saw them together something ignited in me. I couldn't get myself to talk to him. Plus plus even if I wanted to do so that girl never left him. She is always with like he would disappear or something. Puff. Agrhhhh.

So, three weeks went by with him being comfortable and chill in his friend's company and me sulking and burning in jealousy. We sometimes crossed paths, our eyes met but we both looked the other way. Me out of embarrassment and a littllle, little anger and him well I don't know. " I know. Out of anger on you for saying a straight no to him. Dumbass." Well ain't my subconsciousness a savage?
Anyway, so I was really excited for today as I would be going to my uncle's house. Well technically first to my cousin's in-laws' house that is the Khannas as it was uncle aunty's 30th wedding anniversary which ofcourse meaning celebration and then the next day was Rakshabandhan. A festival which celebrates the bond between brothers and sisters. So, it was decided that we will have a celebration in the night and then we can celebrate Rakshabandhan the next day. I always go to uncle's house to celebrate the festival and even tie a rakhi to Jer as well. But this year I had to send it to him as he is in college. I was pretty excited for today. I told Amanda too that we had to hurry to go to home as I would just pick my bag which I had already packed and would hail a cab to uncle's house. The day was as usual like the past three weeks.  The only wow moment that happened today was that our eye contact remained for more than 5 seconds today at lunch break before the beloved Bethany came and ruined the moment. I saw an urge to talk in Shawn's eyes and maybe he found the same in mine. I really hope he did.

I came out of the school with my head hanging low as I was tired when I heard girls squealing and saying,"He is so handsome. Wow." I look at where they were looking and saw Neel there leaning to his car. He saw me and waved his hand while smiling.

I was too surprising to see him nevertheless I ran to him and said," What are you doing here?"

"That's how you greet a friend? Aren't you happy to see me?"

"It's not that. Just. You know what I mean and is Karan bhai here too," I started looking around.

"Nope. I took an early flight. He had some work, so. He must be on the flight right now."

"Don't you just love truancy," I taunted him. Well he never left a chance to miss college but still managed to score well.

"It's my parents anniversary, cut me some slack here."

"Yaa whatever but that still didn't give me an answer. What are you doing here?"

"You are so mean seriously. I went home, freshened up and directly came to pick you up and that's how you treat me. Ahh this girl," Neel started acting as dramatic as always.

"I am so sorry sir. Your efforts are highly appreciated," I gave him a reply in his manner." But we have to make a stop at my house. I have to get my clothes."