Telling them to maintain distance

Trisha's POV

I ignored Sam's calls for the whole day but I knew I had to talk to him even just to tell him not to nag me till Christmas.

So, at night after dinner when he called again, as I anticipated that he would, I picked up the call.

Conversation between Sam and Trisha. T and S for their names.

S : Oh thank god! You finally picked up the call. How are you?

T : I am fine.Just say what you have to say Sam. I am still in no mood to talk.

S : Hey, I know you are upset. I am really sorry for fighting but I don't know what had gotten into me. I am sorry T. Please.

T : You promised me Sam and you broke it. You hurt me and I am not ready to forgive you just now. I need some time, at least till Christmas. I hope you would understand.

S : I get it. I will give you your space. I am truly sorry. Hope to see you at Christmas. Good night T. Take care and one more thing thanks for not telling about this to anyone.

T : I did that because I don't want any mess specially right before Christmas. And good night to you too Sam and take care.

And I cut the call. It was difficult for me too, to be angry at my friend but he did hurt me, so he needs to pay for it. I think I will forgive them after sometime, maybe. Now I have to face Shawn tomorrow more like ignore him for next two days.

The next morning I went to school but entered a little late so that I don't have to face Shawn near the locker area. I entered my literature class just before professor Fitz just to ignore any kind of conversation Shawn might try to start.

I did the same in every class we had together. He noticed that he tried to come and talk to me but I managed to ignore him everytime. Even in the lunch time I made some excuse to my friends and went to the library but somehow Shawn found my hiding place and came there.

"I knew I would find you here, " he said startling me but I ignored him, so he continued. "How are you? I hope there is no pain. Though I asked Jeremy about bit but I would still like to know from you. I was surprised that you didn't tell anyone about it but thanks for that. I know you are upset and you have every right to. But I just wanna say that I am really sorry Trisha. I never meant to push you".

He said everything and I felt to say something so I said, "I am fine. There is no pain. And I didn't tell anyone because I don't want any mess and you think I am upset because of these mere scratches? No Shawn! I am upset and sad because you both were fighting. I thought maybe maybe you might have jerked my hand but would still listen to me but I was wrong. Your ego and competition with each other is much more important than our friendship or whatever we have. "

"Wow this is the first time you said that we are friends, " he said happily.

"I said other things too, " I said.

"Yes, but it was the most important. And about other things I m sorry about that. Sam provoked me and I lost control. It was not my fault entirely. "

"What could he have possible said? You won that match? So what provoked you?, " I asked.

                           Shawn's POV

I was determined to talk to Trisha and apologize to her the day at school and I went with the same determination.

But everything didn't go as planned. For starters I didn't see her at the locker area and then again she entered the last in every class we had together. I still tried to talk but she acted like I was not there.

I thought to catch her at lunch but she was missing from there. I knew where she would be. So, I went to the library and there she was eating quietly.

I went to her and said", I knew I would find you here" she startled a little but ignored me, so I continued,"How are you? I hope there is no pain. Though I asked Jeremy about it but I would still like to know from you. I was surprised that you didn't tell anyone about it but thanks for that. I know you are upset and you have every right to. But I just wanna say that I am really sorry Trisha. I never meant to push you. "

I thought she would ignore me again but she said, "I am fine. There is no pain. And I didn't tell anyone because I don't want any mess and you think I am upset because of these mere scratches. No Shawn. I am upset and sad because you both were fighting. I thought maybe maybe you might have jerked my hand but would still listen to me but I was wrong. Your ego and competition with each other is much more important than our friendship or whatever we have. "

She said friendship. That's the only thing that I heard well not truly. I heard everything but it was the most important. So I happily said,"Wow this is the first time you said that we are friends. "

"I said other things too, " She said with a scowl.

"Yes, but it was the most important. And about other things I m sorry about that. Sam provoked me and I lost control. It was not my fault entirely," I tried explaining.

"What did he possible say. You won that match? So what provoked you?, " She asked.

And there it was. She asked that question. But I can't answer that. I can't tell her that she was the reason we were fighting for. As much as I know Trisha, she is the girl who would not like to hear something like that. So, I had no other option but to say something stupid.

"That's not the point. It's in the past, okay. I just want everything to be normal. Even before we didn't used to talk much but now you are completely ignoring my existence, " I said.

"Well get used to it then, "she said.

" What's that supposed to mean? "I asked confused.

" What I mean is that I don't know if I wanna talk to you or forgive you just now. I need time at least till Christmas. I have told this to Sam too. So I expect from you too not to disturb me till then, "she said and went from there leaving me in disappointment.

                           Trisha's POV

True to my words I ignored Shawn the whole remaining day and even the next day. Even he didn't nag me for which I was thankful because it would be hard to ignore him if he kept making efforts.

After next day our winter/Christmas/New Year holidays started. We all hugged each other and went to our home.

Now I have 4 days to buy gifts for all my friends and family for Christmas. Hope the Christmas may bring peace for me.

                         Shawn's POV

She said to give her some space till Christmas. So, I did. I didn't bother her the whole two days. After next day our winter breaks started. We all hugged and went to our home. It's not like we would not meet but you know not like this, like we meet in school and enjoy.

I am now even more excited about Christmas because that day Trisha will make some decision. I am very optimistic about it. She is not like someone who can be angry with someone for so long.

Now I just have to busy myself with Christmas shopping and decorating.