Amanda is 16

Trisha's POV

With all the fun, studying and a little bit of drama, I didn't realise how quick the time flew away. It's 11:59 PM on 15 October i.e one minute left for Amanda's big day. She is turning sixteen. So right now dad, me and mom are heading towards her room with a cake.
It's a Cooper family tradition that we wish each other in our birthdays exactly at midnight with a delicious cake.
So we entered Amanda's room exactly at 12 and startes singing the happy birthday song.

"Aww thank you guys, " She said with excitement.

"My baby is 16. How fast you guys grew up. It feels like yesterday when you both were born", dad said.

Then mom and dad hugged her. I wanted too but it was Amanda's moment and I didn't want to ruin it.

" Dad I wanna talk about the party ", Amanda said

" Before you say anything sweety, we want to say something, "dad said and added, " You are allowed to have party with your friends separately and we even arranged the place and all the other things too".

"Oh my god! Really? Thanks dad. You are the best", Amanda said in a happy tone.

" Well it was Trisha who convinced us and bore all the expenses of the party. Even though we told her not to", dad informed her.

"Dad you were not supposed to tell her that", I whined.

" Why not? It was your ideas after all, "said mom and added, " Now you both discuss about it and then go to sleep. You have school today".

"So you arranged everything? ", asked Amanda after mom and dad left.

" Yaa I did. But you were not supposed to find out", I said a little disappointed.

"Why so", she asked.

" You know because of the bittersweet relationship we have", I explained.

"You know I don't hate you, right? " She asked.

"Yes I know but still", I said in a low voice.

" Look Trisha it's true we are not that close but I can't help it - all my insecurities and all. But you are my sister ", she said in a serious tone and then asked, " So tell me about the plans".

"Okay. So I arranged it in a hotel nearby. I have a list of people to be invited. You can check, I said handing her the list which was in my pocket.

She checked the list and said, " There are some names missing ".

" No, I made sure to add everyone ", I told her.

" Well I need my sister to be in the party too and she would need her friends to give her company ", she said with a smile.

" Really? "I asked. " Yes", she said and added, "don't tell anyone about our conversation today. I have a reputation to maintain. Then we both chuckled.
***********
After school we went to home, had a power nap and then startes to get ready for the party. When I told my friends that they are also invited, they thought I was messing with them.

Amanda went with her minions and Max and Alex gave me ride to the venue. When we reached there everyone had already reached and were enjoying. I introduced Sarah and Sam to Alex and Max and they very easily mixed up.

Amanda had her cake cutting and she surprisingly fed me a piece too. While I was checking for the arrangements I heard a voice which has been irritating me for a while now.

"You look nice, Cooper", he complimented.

" Just the person I was dying to see", I said in sarcastic way.

"Really? ", he asked

" No, not in a million years", I replied.

"It's a nice party", he said.

" I know because I arranged it, "I said without thinking and you were not supposed to know that", I added.
" Why aren't you with the birthday girl? ", I asked.

" Well I was with her, gave her the gift and then came to see you", he said with a smile.

"Well now that you have seen me. You can go, " I said in Fallon Carrington tone, the girl from dynasty. I mostly talk to Shawn in that tone.

"Okay I will leave. No need to be grumpy", he said and left.

I wanted to say I am not grumpy but he had already left.
The whole party went well with Amanda enjoying with her friends. The whole soccer team, her cheerleading group and some others.

" Nice party kiddo", someone said from behind.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to call me that", I replied without even turning to see who it was.

It was Jeremy, our next door neighbour. He lives in the house where my parents used to live before moving back to India. Jeremy and I have a special bond like brother-sister types. He is our senior and is in the soccer team. He was so happy when he found about me coming to his school. He likes Amanda but never approached her. Don't know why?I mean the boy got looks. I told him to say it this year as he will go to college after that. He said he would try.

"Well I am older than you. So I see no problem in calling you kiddo, " he teased. "Plus I am going to college next year and won't be able to see you everyday", he added.

" Do you guys need a ride home? "He asked.

" Yaa sure. Let me ask Amanda too", I replied and went to her. She agreed as we all were going to the same place.

The ride was almost silent and awkward with me taking occasionally to make it a little less awkward. Jeremy dropped us home and we said good night to each other.

"Thank you for the amazing party. Everyone loved it", Amanda said in delightful manner.

" It was my pleasure sis", I replied.

We then told mom and dad all about it and then went to our rooms as it was school night.