seventeen

read notes at end of chapter
----

Today.

September 14th.

Wilburs birthday..

Since wilbur didnt exactly celebrate his birthday, the plan for today was to just have it be Dani and Wilbur. Dani was going to take wilbur out for a lunch and then they were going back to Wilbur's to hang out for a bit.

Dani had gotten him a nice striped sweater and a little cat enamel pin that reminded her of lovejoy's are you alright album cover for a gift, and a card she signed for him.

She was now on her way to Wilburs, gift bag in the passenger seat, Music blasting some taylor swift song she conveniently knew all the words to.

Next thing she knew she was pulling up to Wilburs, the drive seemed alot shorter than it was. maybe because she was used to the drive?

The door swung open to Wilbur with a bright smile "hey!" he greeted, opening his arms to hug her.

"hey, happy birthday!" she smiled, happily hugging him back

"thank you, thank you. come in we've got time to spare" he said, moving to the side to let Dani go inside first

Following Dani inside she handed him the gift bag and then went to his living room to have a seat.

She knew his place fairly well despite not having been here many times.

"Open the gift" Dani beamed

"Let me sit down first" He laughed in response, sitting down in his recliner.

Once he sat down he set the gift down aswell, grabbing the card out of the bag first.

Opening the card it read:

'Happy 25th birthday herbert! you know what they say. 25 is funnier than 24.

in a seriousness i hope your birthday is amazing and every day that follows. love you -Danielle :)'

"Aww" he sniffled. Giving a small pout of the lip to go with it. Although it quickly became a smile.

He quickly pulled out the tissue paper revealing the sweater that was on top.

Pulling it out he grabbed the shoulders of it and opened them to look at the shirt

"Oh thank you! it looks very comfortable" Wilbur said, setting it on the armrest.

Reaching back into the bag he pulled out the little earring box that contained the pin.

Lifting the top off of the box it revealed the pin, surrounded by small tissue paper to try to prevent damaging.

"Aw it looks like Are you Alright's album cover cat in a way" Wilbur noted

"Yeah thats what i thought too when i saw it"

"thank you" he smiled, setting the pin back in the box and onto the sweater