*12*

Vinnie left not long after I got dressed so I was left alone for half an hour, checking I had everything I needed only about a thousand times.

I ordered an uber and headed downstairs to wait for it. I opened up Instagram, realising I hadn't posted since I got all these new followers. I decided to post the photo I took this morning after I put on this outfit because damn do I look good.

***

629,364 likes

629,364 likes

mxdibrwnn I haven't posted in a while

View all 201,843 comments

jesrodd i have a hot best friend

>mxdibrwnn uno reverse

>jessrodd we've been through this that doesn't actually work

>user why am I living for this friendship

user wait what the hell shes hot as

user i was gonna hate on you but i cant now damn

vinniehacker when exactly did you have time to take this?

>mxdibrwnn a magician never tells her secrets

>user were they with each other last night!?!?!

user ew gross

jakemaple1 hot as baby

>mxdibrwnn don't call me that

user your style is not it

***

The Uber pulled up and I hopped in, watching buildings pass as we drove down street after street to UCLA. It was 10:30 when I arrived at the uni which left enough time to grab a drink and find my class. I found a coffee cart after a couple of minutes and ordered a mocha. I wasn't in need of a huge caffeine hit but I was craving chocolate. I walked around trying to find my way around the campus for a few minutes, sipping on my coffee every now and then when a guy came up to me. he tapped me on the shoulder, grabbing my attention.

"You look lost, do you need some help?" he asked. He was dressed in a white T-shirt and blue jeans. I couldn't help but see how opposite he was to Vinnie. Opposing styles, dark hair up in a quiff instead of dirty blonde down in his eyes, blue eyes compared to Vinnie's hazel ones and absolutely no tattoos. "Yeah, I could use the help, thanks," I replied. he smiled at me, "Where are you headed?" he asked. "32B," I said, hoping it wasn't too far away. The boys' eyes lit up slightly as he answered, "that's actually where I'm headed. Professor Johnson?" he questioned. I nodded and he replied with a smile, walking straight ahead. "I'm Luke by the way," he said, taking a right turn. "Madi," I replied.

We walked into a large room with layered seats going down to a flat part in the middle of the room with a desk in the middle and a large whiteboard and screen on the back wall, it reminded me of the room Rory sits in at Harvard in Gilmore Girls or where El takes her classes in legally blonde, which also happens to be at Harvard.

we walked down the stairs and sat about halfway down and just off to the side, not quite in the middle. Professor Johnson walked in and saw Luke and I sitting down already. "Do either of you know the new girl joining us this year? She's from Australia" The professor asked. "Oh, that's me, I'm the new girl," I said, putting my hand up a little. He nodded his head and waved his hand, gesturing me to come down to him. I got up slid out of the row of seats and walked down the rest of the stairs. "Did you get the materials list and did you manage to catch up on everything?" He asked because the years start and end at different times in the states to what they do in Australia. They started this academic year early last October whereas we start in January in Australia so I had a few months worth of work to catch up on. it was fine because that just means now I'm up to date and I don't have to worry about being behind. I was actually supposed to start in the spring semester and then the years would run the same way they do in Australia but those classes were full so I had to join the autumn semester and catch up while I was still doing first-year stuff. Confusing, I know.

"Yeah, I was doing extra stuff with professor Brown towards the end of last year so that I'd be able to catch up quicker for this year," I replied, earning a nod back from the professor. we talked for about a minute longer and then people started filing into the room so I went and sat back up next to Luke. I pulled out my laptop, notebook and pen. After the room filled and it seemed like everyone or almost everyone, was in the room. The professor started by doing a rundown of what would be covered today. "I also want to let you know that we have a new student with us for the remainder of this year, her name is Madi and she is from Australia," The professor said, pointing a hand in my direction. I didn't think they did that anymore. I thought all that ended back in primary school but I guess not. All eyes were diverted from the professor and onto me. "You're friends with Vinnie Hacker, arent you?" I heard one girl yell. I nodded my head and then the professor called everyone's attention back to him, officially starting the lecture.

a felt a tap on my shoulder and turned to see a girl leaning over the back of my seat. "Are you actually friends with Vinnie Hacker?" she asked, earning a nod, just like before. "That's cool, do you think you could set us up?" She asked. "I could but I'm not going to. I doubt he'd like that" I huffed. who knew my first day would consist of questions about Vinnie? "Why do you think that? does he have a girlfriend?" she asked. "No, he's just sick of being set up," I responded. The truth is I had absolutely no idea if he was tired of being set up or if he had ever even been set up, I just know that he wouldn't like a girl who asked to be set up with him, it links back to our conversation about preconceived ideas about him.

A/n

Low key forgot Wattpad existed for a bit soooo sorry about not updating lmao but here ya go