*35*

Maria had invited Vinnie and I out for dinner tonight with her and Nate as sort of a belated welcome home dinner. Vinnie and I had just arrived home after spending the day with his friends from his childhood. They were all very similar yet completely different to Vinnie at the same time but they all seemed like great friends with one another. The group were quite welcoming towards me and I was able to learn a whole heap of embarrassing stories about Vinnie that I hadn't heard before. 

"The restaurant we're going to is not quite so casual so you two might want to get changed," Maria told Vinnie and I as we started walking up the stairs. "What should I wear?" I asked Vinnie as we got up to his room. "What did you bring?" He asked walking over to my suitcase. "Just jeans, hoodies and shirts mostly," I shrugged. Vinnie opened my suitcase and flicked through the clothes inside it. "What's this?" Vinnie asked pulling my black corset out of the suitcase. "A corset... and that gives me an idea. Do you have a white button-up dress shirt by any chance?" I asked, hoping he had one in his wardrobe here or something. He took a moment to think and then opened his old wardrobe revealing a white button-up shirt and a blazer. "It's kind of big on me so it'll probably look like a dress on you," Vinnie said pulling it out of the cupboard. "Perfect," I said as he took it out of his hand. I grabbed the black corset out of my suitcase and the boots I wore on Vinnie and i's first date. I honestly don't know why I brought them but it worked out perfectly.

I took off the jeans and shirt I was wearing and put Vinnie's shirt on, buttoning it up. It came to roughly my mid-thigh and then I put the corset on top, taking it up a little more. I put the boots on and then went into the bathroom to fix up my makeup a little bit. There was a knock on the door and Vinnie opened it, "You two ready to go?" Maria asked, poking her head into the room. "Yeah, I think Madi might need a minute but not too much longer," Vinnie replied. The door closed and I quickly Brushed on a bit more mascara and went back into Vinnies room. "Woah, you look great," Vinnie said upon seeing me. "You're not looking too shabby either Mr Hacker," I smiled. Vinnie was dressed in a two-tone turtle neck, black pants with black boots and a black jacket.

We went downstairs and met Maria and Nate at the door. "Well, aren't you two a fashionable couple!" Maria almost squealed as she saw us. "Thank you," I chuckled slightly. I could feel my cheeks growing a light shade of pink. We all walked outside and got into Maria's car, driving off towards the restaurant. We pulled up outside about 15 minutes later and the four of us got out of the car. I could see through the window that the restaurant was quite nice. The tables were dressed in white table cloths with a small clear vase with a single white rose sitting in the centre. We entered the restaurant and went up to the front of house. "Hi, do you guys have a booking?" The small smiley blonde asked. "Yeah, under Hacker," Nate replied. The girl nodded and picked up a few menus, guiding us to our table. We all sat down at the table for four, Vinnie next to me and Maria in front of me. "So, how long do you think you're going to stay for?" Maria asked. "Um, we're not too sure," Vinnie started, "But we're planning on going to Sydney for a few days after this just because madi has a little time off and she's not sure when she'll get time off again," He said answering for both of us. "So, are you going to go see your parents while you're home?" Maria asked.

I shot a quick glance at Vinnie because we had sort of briefly talked about seeing my parents but it wasn't set in stone. "Yeah, we're planning on going on the last day we're there so that if things go bad I don't have to worry too much about them," I nodded. Maria nodded slowly, showing she was taking in what I was saying. She put her hand out on the table signalling to me to put mine in hers so I did. "Well, if your family isn't feeling much like a family to you, I hope our family does," She smiled. I smiled back at her, feeling extremely grateful for the kindness she had shown me in the short time we had known each other. "So, yesterday you said your parents were quite constricting, do you think they'll like Vinnie then? Impressions are quite a big thing for our family," Nate asked. I looked at Vinnie before answering hesitantly. I didn't want to tell them the truth just because I didn't want them to feel like they didn't do a good job with their son or something like that. "Well, no. I don't think they'll like him just because of the tattoos and his job. I think they'll like his personality but the second they see the tattoos and we start talking about careers I can see all hell breaking loose," I replied, not knowing how they'll react. "So, your parents don't like tattoos and... influencers? is that what you call yourself? I'm really not too sure what you'd call what you do if I'm honest," Maria asked, talking to Vinnie in the second half of her question.

"They hate tattoos, despise them really. I don't know why though, I've always quite liked them myself but I'm too scared to get some of my own. And they have this weird hatred for social media and all that stuff," I explained. Maria opened her mouth to speak and then paused for a second as if she was thinking before opening her mouth again and starting to speak. "I understand your parents not liking social media, it is quite a scary thing to let your child use but not liking someone because their job involves social media doesn't make much sense to me," She said, branching off what I said. "Yeah, a lot of the stuff they think makes sense when you get to the roots of it but they just tend to blow things way out of proportion and they're very overprotective which is kind of what makes it worse. I get that they were doing everything because they thought what they doing was what was best for my sisters and I but it just made us feel really constricted in that house and some of the stuff they believed sort of made me feel as though who I was wasn't good enough for them even though now that I think about it that's not what was actually happening," I explained, going into way more detail than I mean to. "Wow, that's quite a lot, isn't it," Maria responded after a minute or so.

***

810,193 Likes

810,193 Likes

mxdibrwnn I like dressing up

View all 5,389 comments

user woah kinda loving this fit

jessrodd yessss hot bestie

user that looks like what you'd wear sneaking out of someone's apartment after hooking up with them lmao

vinniehacker your style is just *chefs kiss*

>user YES Vinnie agrees

>mxdibrwnn I mean I try so I'd expect it to be lmao

user no.

chasehudson this fit is fire

avani fashion ICON

***

1,290,385 likes

1,290,385 likes

vinniehacker dressing up is fun

View all 24,196 comments

user oh damnnn

mxdibrwnn your style is *chefs kiss*

>vinniehacker i try

>user MATCHING COMMENTS AND CAPTIONS ON EACH OTHERS POSTS AHHHH

user damn daniel

reggieisahacker stop showing off

jettashford come back already we need to film for the car channel

jhuxhold boots