*24*

We walked up to my apartment and sat at the kitchen bench. Vinnie sat next to me but I wasn't ready to let him know that I wanted things to go straight back to normal so I moved to the other side of the bench. He looked a little hurt but understanding at the same time and didn't try to move next to me. I ate my food slowly to delay the conversation coming so that Vinnie would be able to stay longer. I know I'm sending mixed messages but I still find comfort in him and just because I don't think he likes me doesn't mean I've suddenly stopped liking him. "Do you not like it? I thought it was your favourite thing at Chipotle," Vinnie asked. I looked up and wiped at my eyes, it had just occurred to me that my eyes would be extremely red and puffy right now. "No, I do and you're right it is my favourite thing at Chipotle, I'm just eating slow I guess," I shrugged, picking up the pace slightly. I didn't think it was that obvious that I was eating slow.

After we finished eating we went into the living room area, which was still bare except for a dying plant and a cd rack. We sat on the floor and then Vinnie started talking. "I know how all of this might look but I really need to explain it all, I didn't sit outside for hours for no reason," he laughed slightly. I am still surprised he waited out there for so long, if he went straight to my apartment and waited for me to come and then waited for me to come out that would be like seven hours or something, wouldn't it?. "I've gone through every possible way of explaining all of this but I think the best way would just be to get straight to the point. I didn't kiss Tati," he started. I rolled my eyes, knowing that Michael wouldn't have reacted the way he did if Vinnie hadn't kissed Tati. "No, I'm serious. I didn't kiss Tati and Michael knows that" Vinnie continued after seeing me roll my eyes. "If you didn't kiss Tati then why was Michael about to kill you," I questioned. "Because he only thought I did. I didn't kiss her," Vinnie explained. "So you didn't kiss anyone?" I asked. I didn't actually see the kiss happen so there is a possibility nothing happened at all. If Vinnie didn't kiss anyone then I just cried for hours for absolutely no reason whatsoever and I was not happy with that but it also would be better than him actually kissing someone. "No, I did kiss someone but not Tati. Alex had an idea for a video to prank Michael and tell him that I kissed Tati but he knew that Michael wouldn't believe him just saying it so he got me to kiss Tati's twin sister. Everyone seems to be worried about losing their girlfriend to me apparently so it all worked out for the prank I guess," Vinnie explained, shrugging slightly.  a/n weird flex but ok

It really did explain everything and I know he wasn't lying because he is not a good liar but it still didn't erase the fact that now he pretty much knows that I like him, unless he really needs it spelt out to him and hasn't figured it out yet. It still didn't really explain why he felt that it was so necessary he explain everything to me today rather than waiting until tomorrow or something though. "But why did you need to explain this to me today?" I asked. Maybe he just felt bad because he had worked out that I liked him and felt he had to explain himself. He ran his hand through his hair and stood up, turning on the spot, "Isn't it obvious?" he questioned, "I like you Madi, I think I liked you from that moment we met. Maybe I didn't know it yet but I did like you then. I really thought I was being obvious about it, everyone in the house could tell I liked you but you just seemed to not pick up on it at all. I wanted you to know that I didn't kiss anyone and mean it if that makes sense," Vinnie explained.

This sudden revelation left me stunned and speechless. I wanted to tell him how much I liked him and how much I wanted to be with him but I couldn't. I couldn't move at all. The fear of rejection was gone but now replaced with the fear of nothing working between us. "And you don't like me back, do you? How could I get that so wrong?" he asked himself, immediately snapping me out of my temporary paralysis. "No, god no, you're not wrong at all. Of course, I like you," I said as I jumped up, "I only noticed that I liked you recently but I think I liked you from the moment I met you too. There was just something about you," I explained.

He looked up from the ground, meeting my eyes and brought his hand down from his neck. He took a step forward, "You're not just saying that?" he asked.  I shook my head and took a step forward. He reached out and grabbed my hand, pulling me closer to him, "So, what does this mean for us?" he asked. I looked up into his eyes, "I don't know," I answered truthfully. I wasn't sure if this would make us a couple or if now we just knew that we liked each other. his other hand moved up to my face, his thumb rubbing over my cheek, "Have I ever told you you're beautiful?" he asked in a low voice, inching his face closer to mine. I could feel his breath on my face as he spoke. I shook my head 'no', feeling my cheeks heat up and rising onto my toes slightly. "Well, I should have. You are beautiful," and with that, he closed the small gap left between our lips.

a/n

writing this literally gave me butterflies omg I love this chapter

idk if my writing is all that amazing in it but the chapter itself is cute, not to toot my own horn tho lmao

word count: 1022 words