•| 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱 ♡

Y/N realized as soon as she opened the front door of her house that the sticky residue wasn't just a water leakage or something in her house, but a brown-carbonated liquid that flooded the whole town.

The girl knew this would be the most unsanitary thing she would ever do as she knelt down and dipped a finger into the mysterious liquid. Just as she thought, it was Bloxy Cola.

"What the fuuuck?.." She slurred the final word, feeling utter confusion.

At first, she thought it was a sewage flood, seeing how the liquid was brown and sticky, but once she saw how carbonated it was, she took the risk and tasted it.

Her worry for her brother only rose when she realized that the flood had definitely been dying down, and was probably much higher before now.

She closed her front door and looked around for some rain boots. She found a pair, much bigger than her own feet, they were probably her dad's. She slid them on, careful not to wake her dad as she opened the door again and stepped out into the dark.

The first thing she noticed was that soda was only about shin-deep, but it was still a pretty worrying amount. The second thing, however, was that the manhole cover was flipped open. Definitely not a good sign. Maybe she did drink sewage? Y/N gagged at the thought.

Y/N immediately set off to the convenience store after looking around, a part of her just knew her brother would be in there, somehow.

୨୧・┈┈┈・♡ ╾━╤デ╦︻ ・┈┈┈・୨୧

Once Y/N opened the store doors, they chimed, and not a few seconds after that she heard banging on the freezer doors.

Slightly confused, she sped-walked as fast as she could over to the freezer, which wasn't that fast as the soda was slowing her down. She quietly asked 'who's in there?' as if she didn't know, though it was probably quite obvious.

"Oh, kid, it's you! Thank god, your brother is crazy! Let us out!" Hearing the cashier's panicked voice made Y/N smile a little. He still managed to sound attractive even when scared.

"Are you still there, kid? Fuck.." Y/N snapped out of her trance and started to open the door, and with the help of the cashier pushing, it only took about 15 seconds.

After a few of those seconds, Y/N saw her brother pop out of the door and walk out of the store, smiling and humming to himself. He managed to get his hat back, somehow. She watched him walk out of the store and supposedly back home.

Once the door finally opened up, the cashier practically latched onto Y/N and hugged her.

"It's so nice to see a face that isn't your brother's, hun. We were trapped there for, like, hours... Damn, I'm tired..."

She was a little shocked at the man's sudden clingy-ness. It might have just been because he was tired, but it was definitely welcome. Y/N smiled and hugged him back.

"He must have done something pretty awful then. What happened?" Y/N's sentence shocked the male, who let go of her slightly to look at her face.

"What do you mean? Did you not see the flood?"

Y/N shook her head. Her bed was quite elevated, and if she had felt something, she was 100% out cold, asleep.

"I was sleeping... My door was closed and there isn't much space underneath it, so not much soda could get in my room, though the floor was a little sticky." She recalled, to which the cashier just nodded, letting her go completely and sitting back down by his cash register, facing you behind the counter and resting his head in his hand.

"Yeah, well while me and your brother were locked in the freezer back here, so we wouldn't get hit by the flood, I just happened to ask him if he was the reason why the whole ordeal started, and he just nodded and went on about how he poured a bunch of soda into the manhole cover by the end of the street, and how after a few minutes the large amount of soda he poured in there started rising up and out of the sewer drain..."

While the cashier continued talking Y/N sat next to him on the counter, the arm he was resting his head on sat right next to her legs.

"...and then you came and saved us. Still can't thank you enough for that, hun." He chuckled, lifting his head up and laying his arm down, his hand just happening to be placed on her thigh.

Y/N's cheeks flushed, but the cashier didn't seem to realize where his hand was.

"Anyways, I'm pretty sure the kid got his hat back, but in case he didn't I think I placed it on top of the Cola machine, if he didn't have it you can go grab it." The cashier noticed the girl's silence and looked over to her, him just now figuring out where his hand was, and how red her face had gotten. He swiftly moved his hand back into his own lap and started speaking.

"Ah, shit! I'm sorry! I wasn't paying attention!" He profusely apologized, which just made Y/N giggle, her hand raising to her slightly pink face, covering her mouth a little.

"No no, you're fine! You didn't notice!" The cashier stared into her eyes and then sighed, lowering his head a little.

"If you say so.."

Y/N smiled and lowered her hand, instead placing it next to herself.

"Hey, I haven't learned your name yet, what is it?" He looked back up at her.

"Ah, I don't really like my name. You can keep calling me the cashier, if that cool with you." She nodded. "What's yours?"

"Oh! My name is Y/N!"

"Y/N? That's a pretty name. It suits you." Y/N blushed at his words, which earned a chuckle from him.

The girl stood up from where she was sitting and stepped over to hug the man before walking over to the door.

"I gotta go make sure my brother made it home safe, it was nice talking to you, cashier man!" She waved.

"It was nice talking to you too, doll!"

Y/N smiled as she trudged through the soda back over to her house, his voice ringing through her mind.

|💌
woah this is a lot longer than my usual chapters D: hopefully everything is spelled correctly, because i don't wanna reread through it 😭 comment anything i misspelled here or somethin idrk 😼
remember to eat stuff ig!! see u tomorrow!!