•| 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧 ♡

Y/N walked out of the front door, two soda cans in her hands. She kicked the door closed and walked down the front steps, sparing a few glances at the cashier smoking a meter or two away from her house. After approaching the worker, Y/N handed the carbonated drink to him, to which he gladly accepted.

"Took you long enough to get out the door... What were you doing?" He chuckled, blowing a trail of smoke out of his lungs before sitting down on the curb of the road.

"Isn't it obvious? I was getting the drinks." She sat down next to him, opening her own drink and taking a sip of it. As she lowered her drink, she saw the cashier handing her a cigarette.

"You smoke?" He asked, she nodded.

"Sparingly." Y/n grabbed the cigarette from the man, who was oddly enough chuckling at her response.

"Need me to light that for you?" She nodded again as she slid the cigarette into her mouth. The cashier crawled up closer to the H/C girl and opened his lighter, him now sitting only a few feet away from her now nervous, shaky form.

With the lighter clasped in his right hand, he raised his left hand up to her cheek and gently held onto it to keep her from shaking too much. The cashier leaned over to her ear, and a blush spread across Y/N's cheeks.

"Chill out for a second, 'kay? Your shaking like crazy, and I don't wanna set your hair on fire." He whispered, which calmed down her shuddering, but still left the intense flush on her face.

The male leaned back to his normal sitting position and lit up his lighter, wavering it infront of the girl's cigarette until it eventually lit.

Y/N took a drag out of the cigarette and sighed, taking a sip of her cola and leaning down onto the sidewalk behind her.

"What's it like having a job?" The girl questioned, looking over to the man staring inquisitively at her.

"That's a random question to ask," he paused, "..but I guess it's not as bad as some people make it out to be. I mean, I don't get paid much- I am a cashier after all, but I haven't had many of the negative experiences that others have had. Actually, I've had quite a few positive experiences, like meeting you." The girl smiled at the cashier's remarks, sitting back up to take another drink of her soda.

"You make working sound fun, too bad my dad is strict as hell.." Y/N spoke, placing her cigarette down and stepping on it.

"Working's alright, gets you money just for sleeping on a counter," He joked. "But if you'd like, you could help me stock shelves this afternoon." Y/N's face lit up, a warm smile showing in her face.

"Really? Thank you so much! I could probably get over there by 2, if I sleep correctly!" The cashier reached over and ruffled her hair, smiling as well.

"No need to thank me, you're just doing my busy work, don't get too excited." Y/N pushed his arm off of her jokingly and giggled.

"Yeah, but I get to talk with you, so It's worth it!" The sentence make the cashiers smile grow wider.

"Yeah yeah, well, the sun is rising so I gotta go. Talk to you later, doll." The cashier took the cigarette out of his mouth and stood up, stepping on it and picking up his drink. They both waved before walking off.

"Bye, Cashier!"

•|
👠

writers block is hitting so hard omg i'm so sorry aaaaaaaaa D: anyw i hope u guys like the chapter, both chapter nine and ten combined is over 1k words, so i cut them in half just for the sake of itttttt, and also because i wasn't finished with this half lol

remember to drink water and bye bye!! 😎