•| 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞♡

ok so a lot of y'all wanted him to be 16-17 like his canon age so that's where he'll be!! teen reader too btw 💟

EDIT; HOW ARE WE AT 38k??? LAST TIME I CHECKED IT WAS LIKE 25k??? TYSM??? ANYWAYS I DIDNT ADD TOO MUCH BUT HERES THE COMPLETE VERSION OF THIS CHAPTER ENJOY!!

|•

-

"When you said 'you'd just be doing my busy work', I didn't think it would actually be this... busy."

Time flew quicker for Y/N then she had once thought, and now she was in the 24-hour store once again, this time with an apron and a non-existent will to live. She was told that she would have to do busy work the night before, no duh, but she didn't think it would be as much as she had perceived.

"It's just restocking a few items onto the shelves, it's not too hard."

"A few items? Look at this stuff, this is going to take me weeks!"

The two were childishly bickering over a few stacked boxes at the back of the building, filled to the brim with different chip bags and soda cans. Not only did she have to unload a majority of these boxes to stack onto the shelves for customer's views, but she also had to refill the vending machine and take whatever coins that were lodged in there out.

"Yeah yeah, well the quicker you get finished with this stuff, the quicker you'll be able to do nothing with me, got it?"

Y/N just nodded solemnly and the cashier chuckled and ruffled her hair, waving her goodbye and walking back into the store, and leaving her to look at the giant stack of boxes in front of her.

She decided that she wanted to get this done as quickly as possible, picking up one of the many boxes and opening it. Once the box was opened, it revealed several chip bags lined up and stacked in rows. They were the original Lay's, one of the arguably worst chips in the world, yet still a best seller.

Letting out a slight whimper at all the work she'd have to do, she picked up the box and walked inside of the shop, placing it down by one of the shelves the cashier had previously named and started to unpack.

-

"Hmmnn... That took you longer than I thought it would."

The cashier had groaned. Y/N had finally finished unboxing the many packages she was told to open, a few beads of sweat lining her forehead. She sarcastically rolled her eyes and sighed, sluggishly walking over to the counter the cashier was sitting at, soon leaning over a little so that she was slightly hovering over the man.

"Yeah right, you threw me into the deep end and thought I could swim, cut me some slack... Anyways can we hang out now? I'm tired"

"I-um—Your tits are in my face, back up a little."

Y/N, slightly shocked at his slight interruption, stepped back a little, and caught a small glimpse of his red face. She chuckled and slightly apologized.

"Ah, my bad, but you didn't answer my question! Are we gonna go out and do something? I know your break probably starts soon."

"Why am I not surprised you just glazed over that—Yeah sure, I have five minutes until though, so make yourself busy. I have ice cream in the big freezer if you want me to open it."

He mumbled the beginning, soon pointing to the vaulted off freezer. The girl excitedly nodded and agreed, to which the cashier opened the freezer. Y/N quickly rushed inside, not wanting to wait to get the desert any longer.

Though she didn't usually show it, Y/N might of had a tiny sweet tooth that constantly craved sugar, whether it be hard candy, soda, cake, or ice-cream, and now that tooth was shining brightly. She was ravaging through one of the doors in the walk-in freezer.

"Aha! Strawberry ice cream! I knew it'd be here—do I have to pay?"

She looked back to the exit after pulling the small pint of ice cream out of the freezer door. The cashier's frame stood leaning on the frame of the door, staring at her.

"I don't suppose you have cash on you?"

The cashier didn't even wait for the girl to respond before he followed up the statement.

"I- don't respond to that, I know you probably don't—I'll pay for it, just let me check the price."

Y/N tossed the little container to the cashier, who rung it up. While the cashier was doing his little thing, she walked out of the freezer and looked over his shoulder.

"I feel like I might have already asked this question, but how do you still enjoy working here? I mean, not to be rude, but doesn't it get boring at all?"

The cashier looked away from the cash register and glanced up into the girl's eyes.

"Well, to be honest, at some point I was kind of thinking about leaving this job and packing up to move away for good, but then I met you, and then the whole soda incident happened, and now I'm kinda... attached to the situation, if you catch my drift."

The cashier's gaze loosened from Y/N and back to the register, the girl mindlessly eating from the pint of ice-cream as he was closing up shop.

"Well, if at some point, even at all, you do feel like leaving this job, don't leave me hanging. It gets kinda boring here, and besides all of my brothers heinous crimes, you're the only thing keeping me entertained, even though all you do is sit behind a counter and smoke."

Closing up the outdated machine, a light-hearted scoff left the worker's lips.

"Haha. I'll keep you posted, sweetheart."

Grabbing his keys, Y/N followed the worker as he approached his car. Pausing before he got in, the cashier turned around to face the girl.

"Hey, do you wanna go for a joy-ride before you go home?"

Her father never really let Y/N drive anywhere, nor did he get her a license, for that matter. Quick to jump on her decision, she replied.

"Yeah, sure!"