😈Chapter 5😇

"Dad..." Renjun said with a worried tone "It's ok, we're almost there" he said but that wasn't what Renjun was going to ask about. The road they were driving on had potholes and was really bumpy. The people that were standing outside were just staring at them, it gave out a really creepy vibe.

Was that a gun I saw in someone's hand?!? Renjun thought feeling even more scared. Chenle wasn't paying attention but Renjun was glad he didn't want him to see those people that were looking at them.

After 5 minutes they stopped at a ok-ish looking house, it was way better than the ones he saw at the beginning but it wasn't as good as the house they were living in before. He wonders why his father would move from a ok way of living to a...eh, you know?

"Grab your suitcase kids we'll check out your room later"

"Room?" Renjun said thinking he meant rooms but oh no he was wrong. As they entered they were faced with a wall and around it had the kitchen that was way too small and dirty. As you leave the kitchen the living room was right there and it clearly hadn't been cleaned in over 200 hundred years.

As you enter again there is a staircase that leads up to three different rooms, the one to the left is Chenle's and Renjun's room, the one in the middle is their parents' and the right is the one bathroom in the whole house.

Wow Renjun thought as he entered his shared bedroom, it was small and had two twin size bed beside one another. Chenle didn't like it so he went to his parent's room to complain "mom I want my own room" he said "sorry sweetie you need to share for now".

"But mommmm" he whined, Renjun lean on the door frame of his parent's room "yeah mom, this is too small" Chenle said "Renjun you have to set a better example" she said.

"How could I? This place is worse than our other house, at least we had separate rooms and our own bathrooms" Renjun said making his mother sigh "Chenle go to your room-"

"You mean our room" Renjun sassed "yes." Chenle nodded and left "we need to talk" she said "yeah i think we do".

"Look, I know what you are thinking but don't worry we're not broke" she said chuckling bitterly "your father just needed to see how much money he gets from working here and after he gets enough he'll buy a good house".

"How long will that take?"

"I don't know but it would be way faster if you work too"

"Yeah I applied for work but we ended up moving-"

"Not like that, I mean I need you to work right now so get a small job" she said but Renjun looked at her suspiciously. He's really smart, he came on top of his entire school with the best grades but she wants him to work a small job when he's able to get a much better one. He sigh and agreed a job is a job right.

He's just a little nervous working when people like that are walking or living around the area.

He head back to his shared room and unpacked his stuff, it took a long time so it was already dinner, they ate takeout, after eating he went and tried to fall asleep in his dusty ass bed.

~~~

"It's scary you know, living like that, being too afraid to go outside thinking about getting shot"

"I'm sorry you had to go through that but I'm here for you"

"I love you Renjun"

He woke up to freaking gunshots and police cars outside their window "Gege I'm scared" Chenle said "It's ok, come here" he said motioning for Chenle to lie down with him. Renjun felt tears stain his cheeks "was I crying?" he then remember something from his dream the person said my name he doesn't know why but he felt happy that the person said his name.

But suddenly the sound of gunshots spoiled it for him, Chenle snuggled up to him closer, Renjun was trying his best not to show that he was scared. Not a second after their father came in "are you boys ok?" He asks "Dad is this really how we're going to live" he whispered yelled angrily.

"Son it's just temporary so please no more"

"Whatever"

*Bang!*