[3]

As I sprinted towards the crash site, I began to feel anxious about how these people would react to me. So I thought it better to stay out of sight until I knew these people weren't a threat. 

I knew I was there when the trees became black, some being knocked down. There it was. The big metal box that fell from the sky. 

Suddenly it began creaking and a part of it fell to the ground with a thud. Quickly I flew up a tree before anyone saw me. 

perched on one of the branches, I watched as a young girl walked slowly down what I assumed was a door of some sort. She had long brown hair and she was wearing a blue jacket. 

I watched as she jumped onto the ground, a look of awe spread across her features as she looked at her surroundings.

" WE'RE BACK BITCHES!" She screamed causing everyone to cheer and run out of the box. To my surprise, they were all children around my age, A couple younger too. 

One boy caught my eye though. He approached the girl the had walked out first, grabbing her shoulder and giving it a slight squeeze. He had short-ish dark brown hair like mine, though his was slicked back. He had a small splatter of freckles across his nose and cheeks, but what stood out to me the most were his eyes. They were a beautiful chocolate brown. 

I watched as they walked over so they were standing underneath the tree I was in. Holding my breath so they didn't hear me, I listened in on their conversation as much as I could, although I didn't catch much. Just as their conversation was coming to an end I caught what I assumed was the girl's name. "...Octavia" 

I heard sounds of commotion and looked across. Some sort of weird fight that wasn't an actual fight had broken out between two boys who looked around my age. The pale one knocked the other off his feet, a blonde girl calling out to who I now know as Wells. 

It looked as though the fight was going to go on until a boy with shoulder-length hair dropped from the top of the metal box landing in between the two boys. " Kids got one leg....... til it's a fair fight." I caught most of what he said. pretty badass if you ask me. 

The crowd had dispersed, but there were still a few kids talking whilst looking at a map. I quickly looked around, making sure no one was looking in my direction I concentrated on my wings, visualising them folding gently into the skin of my back. I felt the skin stretch and a dull ache spread through my shoulders but before long my wings were nothing but a huge tattoo on my back. I had no idea how they could do that but it had been that way since I was a baby. I looked around again, made sure I wouldn't be seen and jumped from my tree to the next and so on until I was above the small group. They began walking out into the forest, although freckles stayed behind. 

I had been following them for almost an hour when they came to a stop. admiring a deer grazing in the middle of a clearing. Long hair stepped forward, attempting to get closer but he stepped on a stick causing it to snap. They all gasped as the deer turned to reveal two heads before it sprinted away. 

After what they saw, they were all mostly silent. That is until they came upon a river. Octavia was the first there and began stripping off her clothes till all she was wearing was a tank top and underwear. Googles and Plant Kid stopped, staring at Octavia in awe as she jumped into the water. Knowing what was in that water I focused on the feel of my feathers, the weight of my wings on my back and felt as they gently unfurled, so I was ready to help if that snake made an appearance.

Just as I guessed, they all started shouting at Octavia to get out of the water. I pulled an arrow from my quiver. 

Right as the snake latched onto Octavia's thigh, I let my arrow soar through the air. The arrow landed in the middle of its head, killing it instantly. 

I saw Octavia begin to struggle in the water, a weird urge to protect this young girl causing me to fly from my perch in the tree. I soared down to where she was trying to keep her head above the surface. With all of my strength, I hooked my arms under he shoulders and pulled her into the air, flying over and dropping her gently next to the group of kids as they stared at me, too shocked to move. 

I quickly pulled out a dagger, causing them all to snap out of their trances. Octavia cowered in fear thinking I was going to hurt her. Instead, I used the blade to rip off a piece of my shirt.

I looked at Octavia, nodding my head in the direction of her thigh, asking permission to help. she gave a weak nod, the others watching closely. I wrapped the fabric tightly around her leg to stop the bleeding. once I had finished I stood up and, with one more nod in Octavia's direction, I flew back into the trees. Only to make it look like I left though, really I just perched myself on a branch, watching as they all ran to Octavia to make sure she was alright.

Long hair boy looked into the trees, searching for any sign of me. 

After a few minutes, they all began walking away to find somewhere to sleep before continuing their trek in the morning. I took this as my queue to leave.

Silently I flew back to my treehouse. happy to let my wings free since it was night and I wouldn't be seen.  Once I landed I checked on Hades and Artemis, to find them sleeping peacefully. Wanting to be close to them I laid down to sleep with my back up against Artemis back. " Goodnight guys" I whispered before dozing off.