[5]

I woke up in a room with walls of metal. It smelt musty and old. I hated it. 

I shot up, feeling the fabric beneath me. I looked around the room frantically, searching for my bow. I could still feel the dagger in my boot, but the one in my bra strap was gone. Looking down, I realised that was all I was in, My bra. Somehow I lost my shirt. Oh no they saw my...... damn it. I thought, reaching back to touch the skin of my tattoo. hopefully, they wouldn't think too much of it, they do not know our culture, and to them, it may seem completely ordinary. 

My shoulder was bandaged but it hurt to move, even the slightest movement sent gut-wrenching pain through my arm. 

I saw a shirt sprawled on the floor a few feet away from me. 

I stood from my place on the floor, grabbed the shirt and pulled it over my head. It was loose but I didn't mind. I moved towards the circular hole in the floor and lifted the door-type thing with, might I say, a lot of trouble. 

I didn't hear any voices down the ladder so I crept down and landed on the floor silently. Bending down I pulled my dagger from my boot and brandished it in front of me. 

Slowly but surely I moved towards the flap that is being used as a door. I was about to open the flap when I heard voices from the other side. 

I didn't have enough time to hide when Clarke and Long-hair boy walked in, stopping in their tracks when they noticed me standing before them.

I held up my dagger, pointing it at both of them. Long-hair boy stepped forward, blocking Clarke with his body. 

" You need to calm down." He said. I barred my teeth in a threatening way. 

At that moment Bellamy walked in, Octavia following behind him. As they took in the scene, Bellamy visibly stiffened, his hand going to where I assume he holds his gun. 

When I saw Octavia I felt myself relax for some reason, the dagger lowering slightly in my grip. Clarke saw this, following my gaze to Octavia. " You remember her?" she questioned,  I stared at them. They couldn't know that I could understand them. 

" I don't think she understands us," Octavia spoke up. She stepped forward, walking over to me. Bellamy grabbed her arm but she merely shook him off.  

I took a step back, causing her to extend her arms to me. " let me help you." she spoke in a soothing voice. 

Following her gaze I looked at my shoulder, the bandage around it soaked black. The stitches must've come undone.  I was not fazed at the sight of the oddly coloured blood but everyone in the room looked shocked and confused as they took in the Nightblood seeping through the bandage. No one spoke. I looked up at Clarke signalling for her to come over with a nod of my head. 

The long-hair boy went to move with her but I let out a low growl, glaring at him. He stopped, looking terrified which made me smirk internally, and looked at Clarke. She brushed him off. " I'll be fine, Finn. Don't worry."  She assured him, walking forward to stand next to me. She hesitated slightly before touching my arm, to which I flinched slightly. 

Bellamy gave me a weird look because I flinched even though she didn't touch the wound. I flinched merely from the contact, having been deprived of any non-hostile human contact for 3 years does that to a person.

Clarke had me sit down on a crate so she could undo the bandage and change it. Clarke was having trouble with the wound seeing as it was underneath my sleeve. Sighing, I pulled my arm from her grip and carefully tugged the shirt over my head. 

After the bandage was off and the old stitches were out, Clarke grabbed some wire and a needle. " This is going to hurt a lot. But you can't move" She told me. " Uhh.....Right, you can't understand us. Bellamy, come here and hold her arm steady." Bellamy began walking over, causing me to move backward. I didn't trust anyone, Octavia slightly and I let Clarke near cause I would surely bleed out if she didn't stitch it up.

Clarke grabbed my wrist, keeping me still long enough for Bellamy to walk up and grab my back. I froze as his hands brushed over my tattoo but stayed there and let Clarke continue. Between Bellamy holding my back and Clarke my wrist, I was rendered motionless.  

My mind began to wander at the feeling of his hands on my back. My hands began to shake and My eyes glazed over, It was all coming back, My mind slipping further away from reality. The bruises felt as though they were still fresh as ever. Something flashed and I was no longer in the metal box, I was back in that cave. He was standing right in front of me, walking closer and closer, I felt a searing pain burst through my right hip and then I was back in the metal box being stitched up by Clarke. 

I felt a tear escape down my cheek and quickly brushed it away, hoping no one noticed. But of course, someone did. 

Clarke made quick work and was finished pretty soon. Once she was done I was taken back up the ladder and tied to a post, by none other than Bellamy. He said I was still a threat and that I could also provide intel on the grounders. All I know is that I need to get back to Hades and Artemis. 

Octavia and Clarke had pleaded my case with him, saying that I could be trusted. It was no use though, Bellamy wouldn't budge. 

Now I was standing up, trying desperately to reach the dagger I had hidden in my bra when Clarke was stitching up my wound. When I was given no avail, I sat down on the crate Clarke had given me, sighing in defeat.

It was then that Bellamy climbed up the ladder, looking pissed. " I don't care what Clarke says, I'm gonna get something out of you." He said, a glare on his face. He grabbed a crate and sat in front of me. 

" What is your name? Where is your camp? How many of you are there?" He questioned. I stayed silent, looking at the floor. 

He let out a cry of frustration and I felt his hand under my chin, forcing me to look at him. " I asked you a question, now answer me." His voice rises to a yell by the end of his sentence. I responded by yanking my face from his grip and spitting in his face.

His eyes were alight with fury as he wiped his face with his sleeve. " You think this is a game-" He was cut off when Octavia flew up the ladder, yelling " Bellamy stop. She saved my life!" Bellamy looked taken aback, new to this information.

" She's a grounder!" He yelled back. " She's different! Who knows they could all be decent aside from a few!" To this I let out a scoff, Instantly regretting it. They both looked over at me in shock.

" You can understand us?" Octavia questioned. " Damn it" I whispered under my breath. " Yes," I replied, going against everything my mind was telling me. Bellamy looked at me with an unreadable expression before turning on his heel and leaving. 

Octavia walked over and sat next to me. " Thank you for saving my life." I looked over at her  " No problem" I responded. " I need to get out of here. I need to get to Artemis and Hades." I muttered. Octavia looked at me in confusion. " Who?" 

"Oh um... my brother and sister. " I said. " Cool. I would let you go to them but my brother doesn't want you to leave." She explained, looking guilty. " No, I understand. It's not your fault." I told her. 

" Uhh, what time is it?" I asked her, Looking at my feet.  " Well, I don't know the exact time but it's night," she replied.

" Okay then, I'm gonna get some long overdue sleep. Goodnight Tavy. Oh and Please try and talk to your brother. I need to get back to my family." With those last words, I closed my eyes. Fading into a void of darkness and, hopefully, a peaceful sleep. But the odds of that happening are almost impossible.

                   ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------