[13]

Blue's POV

I woke up to the forest rushing past. I looked down to see the my hands, legs and wings were still bound but the gag had been removed. I was being carried through the forest on someones shoulders.

I began to wriggle around. " Hey boss." The person carrying me called, coming to a stop. " She's awake." 

I was dropped off his shoulders and landed on the ground with a thud. Pain burst through my side from being kicked numerous times. 

I was pulled to my feet and came face-to-face with Murphy. " What's going on?" I asked him. "Don't worry Doll." The nickname sent a different type of pain coursing through me. " WE won't hurt you" He laughed. 

" Murphy, what is going on?" I asked again, this time anger tainted my words. 

" Well you see, Charlotte disappeared." As he said this, the memories of what happened came rushing back. " And I want pay back. You, my dear, are perfect leverage to get them to hand the girl over." I growled and lunged forward. He merely caught my arms to stop me from falling on him. 

" Nice try, Doll ." He laughed. " Come on boys, we got a girl to find." With that he took off running an I was picked back up but one of his goons.

We had been running for about 20 minuets when we heard the screams. It was dark already. Murphy began shouting once he heard charlotte calling out to him. 

" CHARLOTTE RUN" I screamed out to her, trying to help. 

"Charlotte! You can't hide forever. Don't worry. We won't hurt you." Murphy lied through his teeth. 

"I'm not your sister! Just stop helping me! I'm over here!" She yelled from somewhere in front of us. Her first statement told me that Bellamy was with her and I breathed a sigh of relief. 

"Please, Bellamy. Aah! Murphy! I'm over here!" She yelled again, confirming my thoughts. Our group took off running, following the sound of her pleas to be let go.  

"Come on out, Charlotte! Come on out." Murphy yelled out. "No, no! Murphy!" She yelled again. She was trying to hand herself over. 

" CHARLOTTE, Run what are you doing?" I screamed out. " Shut her up" Murphy yelled at the guy holding me and a piece of fabric in my mouth. I let out a huff.

We ran through the tree-line, coming to a stop in front of Bellamy and Charlotte. They were trapped between us and a cliff. 

I was at the back so he couldn't see me. Murphy's goon dropped me from his shoulders. I turned and spat the piece of fabric at him. 

I could see Bellamy searching for me but I was hidden from sight. As I went to yell something a hand clamped over my mouth, stopping me. 

"Charlotte! Damn it. Bellamy! You cannot fight all of us. Give her up." Murphy spoke from the front. 

"Maybe not, but I guarantee I'll take a few of you with me." Bellamy threatened. Clarke and Finn broke through the tree-line and took in the scene. 

"Bellamy! Stop! This has gone too far. Just calm down. We'll talk about this." She reasoned. "I'm sick of listening to you talk." He reached backwards and his goons moved to the side. The one that had been holding me, removed his hand from my face and pushed me forward. 

Murphy grabbed my arm and pulled me into his chest so I was facing Bellamy. I felt the edge of a blade get pressed into my neck. Usually I wouldn't be worried but he was using me as leverage this time. I could be responsible for more than just my death. 

Bellamy's eyes widened and he moved forward. "Let her go." His voice was laced with anger but you could hear the desperation behind it. 

"I will slit her throat" Murphy threatened, pressing harder into my neck. " I tried to save your life multiple times you son of a bitch. " I seethed venomously.  I felt his grip loosen. 

"No, please. Please don't hurt her." Charlotte begged, looking at me. "Don't hurt her? Okay, I'll make you a deal. You come with me right now, I will let her go." Murphy lied again. 

"Don't do it, Charlotte. Don't do it, Charlotte!" Bellamy ordered. She tried to move forward. "Charlotte, Do not move. Do you hear me." I said. " Don't move" I ordered. She stopped and I breathed again. 

"I can't let any of you get hurt anymore. Not because of me. Not after what I did." She whispered. Horror filled me as I saw her turn to the edge of the cliff. Murphy's grip disappeared as he watched Charlotte throw herself off the cliff. 

I dove forward, about to fall off the cliff as well. Bellamy caught me by the waist Before I could tumble over the side with her. 

He ripped the bounds off my hands and wings, knowing that she could possibly be saved if we were quick enough.

I pushed him off me as fast as possible and dove over the side of the cliff. My wings folded against my back as I dove towards her retreating form. My hands reached for her body but she slipped through my fingers and hit the ground. 

My wings caught the air before I could hit the ground right next to her. 

She was gone. 

I stared at her body in horror. It was my fault. If I had've been faster she would have lived. 

I sat down on the ground next to her. 

" No, no, no, no. Come on" I begged, flipping her over and pulling her head into my lap. I checked desperately for a pulse, but came up empty. 

She was gone. Her life cut short when She was only 12. It had been my job to protect her and I failed. 

I let out a blood curdling scream that the people above me would hear and know that she was gone. Tears slipped down my face and I let out another scream, a scream promising vengeance.