[8]

Walking through the woods in the direction of Skiakru camp, Bellamy and Blue had uttered less that two words to each other the whole way back. 

once the gate came into view, Blue rushed forward Without acknowledging Bellamy. Artemis and hades followed close behind. Forgetting completely that the camp would not react well to the young panthers running into camp behind a 'grounder' who supposedly attacked them. 

When the sky kids caught sight of the felines they froze. One girl let out a strangled scream and turned, burying her head in a tall boys chest.  This action sent realisation through Blue's otherwise distracted mind and she stalled in her tracks. 

By now a crowd of boys and a few girls had formed around Blue and the panthers. The girl ripped out her knifes, brandishing them at anyone who made a move towards panthers or herself.  Artemis and Hades had become extremely agitated, beginning to snap and growl at anyone coming too close. 

The sky kids began pulling small, handmade daggers from their pockets, preparing to kill the panthers, the only thing on all their minds was thoughts of their next meal. 

 The first sky kid lunged forward and earned a small cut from Blue's dagger. More kids moved forward in to defend the first, but were cut short when Bellamy's deep voice rang through the crowd. 

" What the hell do you think you're doing?" He shouted, rage rippling off him in waves as he pushed his way to the front of the mob, positioning himself in front of Blue. 

Kids began cowering back in fear, afraid to piss of the sky king. A few however had the guts to try justify their actions. From all sides of the group people began shouting.

" She's a grounder"

" We're starving" 

" They deserve to die" 

People once again cowered away as Bellamy yelled again. " This grounded is not to be harmed in any way!" He yelled, not even a whisper could be heard from around the camp. Blue stood behind Bellamy, utterly dumbfounded as to why he was defending her. Unknowing to the fact that the boy in front of her was speculating over the same thing. 

" Is. That. Clear?" His voice rang out yet again, gaining mumbles of obedience from the crowd. The sky kids began wandering off, back to the work they were doing before. Blue stood awkwardly behind Bellamy. 

He turned to look at her. When the weight of his gaze settled on her shoulders, she shifted her eyes to the ground. 

Wanting to avoid a very awkward conversation, Blue turned on her heal, muttering a soft thank you and walking away. 

Spotting a small blond-headed girl, she walked over. 

" Hi, Char." Blue said as she sat down next to the girl. Charlotte looked up from carving spears, smiling as she saw the blue-eyed girl. " Hey" Charlotte replied. Jasper's moans of agony could be heard throughout camp. Attempting to block them out, Blue picked up a branch beginning to carve it the same way Charlotte was, the both of them settling into a comfortable silence. 

They had been sitting there for about 20 minuets when Blue set down the spear she was craving and stood up. " I'm thirsty!" Charlotte looked up at the older girl, frowning. " Theres a lake nearby, do you wanna come with me to get some water?" Blue asked, her eyes lighting up in childlike excitement. 

Charlotte nodded and put down the branch she was holding in her small hands. The older girl put out a hand, Charlotte grabbed it and pulled herself up. 

The two girls walked towards the gate, ignoring the stares that kids were sending in the grounders direction and the two panthers that were silently trailing behind them.