[6]

Flashback/ Dream

I was sitting In the cave leaning against the wall. My hands were tied behind my back and my shirt had been removed. I could feel the tears slipping down my cheeks and my body trembling. 

I was alone in the cave for now and I was hoping he never came back. Bruises littered my arms and legs. Blood was running down my forehead from where he knocked me out. 

I closed my eyes trying desperately to forget what happened minutes ago. I felt dirty and disgusting like I haven't washed in days.  

There was a small fire on the other side of the cave, lighting up my surroundings, what alarmed me about this was the fact that there was a sword heating up in the fire. I did not want to know what it was going to be used for.

 I could see a saddle sitting in the corner so I'm guessing he has a horse outside. 

I was lost in my mind when I heard footsteps approaching.

Backing up into the wall as much as possible, I turned my face away. I heard him laugh, but he said nothing. I heard his footsteps going in the direction of the fire and I shuddered. 

He walked over to me and grabbed my face in his hands. He didn't say anything, just made me look up. I watched in horror as he took the blade and moved it towards my skin, But stopped before it touched my stomach. Slowly he grabbed my hips, turning me to face the wall. I tried desperately to get away as I felt him move one of my wings out of the way so he could reach the skin underneath. 

I tried to brace myself but it was useless as he brought the sword to my skin. Trying not to scream was like trying to stop time from moving forward, useless and disappointing. 

I let out a pain-filled scream that would surely tear my vocal cords.

End Dream

I felt someone grab my shoulders and I screamed again, my eyes flying open as I ripped myself from their grip. As I tried to get away My back hit something hard. 

I couldn't see anything, my vision was clouded. I felt hands on either side of my face.

wake up

wake up

Wake up

" Wake Up" My eyes flew open for real this time and I was met with dark brown ones, staring at me. 

Bellamy quickly dropped his hands from my face and backed away. " Uh.. you were screaming so I-um came to see what was happening." He stuttered out. I just nodded, embarrassed that he had seen me like that.

"What's got you so scared?" He asked quietly. " Umm. I-uh, don't wanna talk about it." My feet suddenly became the most interesting thing in the world. Bellamy looked over at me quizzically but nodded. 

" Oh yea, I never got your name if you don't mind telling me." He suddenly spoke after a long awkward silence.

"Blue."

"That's a nice name. It suits you." I felt my cheeks heat up and ducked my head back down. 

" Um... Bellamy?"

"Yea"

" Do you think I could go for a walk outside, I don't like being coped up in here?" I sheepishly asked, daring to make eye contact. 

He hesitated for a while, looking conflicted. " I guess, but you can't leave." He stated, his voice filled with authority. I didn't respond, just tugged on the ropes tying me to the pole. He got the message and walked over, untying the ropes.

Once my hands were free I didn't even look at Bellamy before making my way down the ladder and out of the metal box. 

I stepped off the ramp, breathing in the fresh air. The dirt was soft on my feet. 

I was standing a few feet from the ramp when I heard soft whimpers coming from the trees to my left. Underneath the tree was a small girl. She was shaking and letting out soft whimpers every few seconds. I knew how it felt so I walked over and slowly sat next to her. 

She jolted up quickly when I shook her shoulder. She backed away from me slightly, but I still had a hand on her shoulder so she didn't get far. 

" It's okay, I won't hurt you," I whispered in a soft voice. she moved closer to sit right beside me and cuddled into my side. I was taken aback for a moment but wrapped my arm around her shoulders. " Were you having a nightmare?"I asked, hugging the little girl tighter to my side. She nodded weakly. " What about?" I asked. She hesitated slightly before answering in a weak voice.  

" My parents were floated on the ark and I see them in my dreams." She said, her voice coming out barely a whisper. I'm guessing that being floated is their way of execution. not knowing what to say, I pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead. 

" I get Nightmares to y'know," I said looking down at her. 

"Really?" 

" Yea and I know they are terrible, But I find that sleeping near someone you trust or feel safe with tends to lessen them or sometimes get rid of them completely," I spoke. She looked up at me, hope filling her eyes before slowly diminishing. I gave her a confused look.

" I don't know anyone down here," she whispered, her voice filled with sorrow. " Well, do you feel safe right now?" I asked. " Yes," She replied, looking up at me. " Well if you feel safe with me right now, then you can come and sleep near me whenever you want, okay!" I smiled slightly as her face lit up. She buried her head in my chest. " Thank you" she mumbled into my chest, her words muffled. 

" My name is Blue, by the way," I whispered. I felt her smile. " Charlotte" was all she said. I grinned at the small girl. " Goodnight Char, I'll keep you safe from now on." I laid myself back, leaning against the tree, and moved Charlotte so she was laying across my lap. 

Soon I heard her even breaths and knew she was asleep. I tried to stay awake, not wanting to sleep around people who could harm myself or Charlotte, But the cold claws of sleep reached out and pulled me under. 

Away from the prying eyes of Bellamy Blake, who had witnessed the whole interaction.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, so I'm sorry it took so long to publish this chapter. I got halfway through and had some problems with writer's block. 

Also, I've decided to change the writing to 3rd person. 

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING, have a great day.