[4]

I woke late the next morning, to Artemis licking my face. " Okay girl I'm awake stop" I exclaimed, laughing. 

I checked Hades' leg quickly to see that it was almost healed completely. " Well, the good news is it's almost healed. The bad news is you gotta stay in bed for a couple more days." He let out a small whine in response. " I'm sorry boy" I mutter as I stand ready to go back to the small group. 

I took a while to leave, so it was midday when I finally found the group. I climbed a tree with my hands this time and watched as they found a vine to swing across the river. 

Long hair boy was standing on top of a massive rock holding a vine. readying to swing over he grabbed it with both hands, as he was about to go Goggles looked over at Octavia, something flashed across his face and he called out to long hair boy.  

" Wait!" He shouted whilst climbing up to stand beside long hair boy " Let me. I can do it." he said, looking down at Octavia quickly. She smiled up at him. 

" I knew there was a badass in there." Long-hair boy cheered, handing over the rope. Googles hesitated slightly before swinging, not so gracefully, across the river. He lands in a heap on the other side.

" WOO GO JASPER" Blondie yells out. Okay Jasper, nice, it suits him. I thought. I squashed the urge to cheer as well. Jasper was jumping around on the other side of the river as Blondie got ready to go next. 

Jasper picked up a sign, waving it around. " We did it! Mount Weather!" My eyes widened, and my heart jumped in my chest. Mountain Men. I have to stop them. 

Before I could make a move something whizzed over the river, lodging itself in jaspers chest.  I let out a soft gasp, covering myself in the treetops before I could be seen by whoever threw that damn spear. 

The group had taken off running away. though I could still hear them screaming for Jasper.

I watched As two Trikru warriors came out of the trees. They hoisted Jasper up by the arms, causing him to let out a pain-filled scream. Then they were gone. I knew one thing for sure, I was not gonna let Jasper die.

I was sitting in a tree, Artemis Hidden on the ground, and watched as they strung Jasper up to a dead-looking tree. They had already taken out the spear and cauterised the wound. 

They quickly walked away from the tree after covering the traps. I had no idea what they were trying to catch.

I jumped out of the tree, landing quietly behind Artemis. I was about walk over to Jasper when a group of kids broke through the tree line, gasping as they saw Jasper, Blondie and Freckles among them. 

Blondie raced forward only to fall through a trap. " CLARKE" long-hair boy shouted as she began to fall. Luckily freckles was right behind her and caught her wrist before she could reach the bottom that I assume was laced with spikes. 

Long-hair boy and the pale boy who got in a fight with Wells began climbing the tree to get Jasper down.  freckles stepped closer to the long grass that I was hiding in and that was too close for Artemis' liking. 

She growled before stalking out in front of me, towards Freckles. They all turned towards Artemis' figure prowling towards them.

"Bellamy, Gun!" Clarke shouted. I don't know what the hell a gun is but it's some sort of weapon. I quickly jumped up, pulling an arrow taunt as I came to a stop in front of Artemis. Wells pulled out the gun and let whatever was inside of it fly, causing a sound so loud I wanted to cover my ears.

Luckily, Wells has terrible aim. But he still managed to hit me in the shoulder, causing me to cry out in pain. I quickly turned, motioning for Artemis to go home. She reluctantly turned and sprinted off into the forest.

I turned back around to face the group. They were all looking at me, most in anger but Clarke and Long-hair were looking at me in recognition and worry. 

" You're the girl from the river," Clarke spoke from beside Wells. I stared at her, unblinking. 

suddenly I felt very dizzy and unsteady on my feet. Clarke noticed this and moved towards me. I took a step back, trying to get away. That is until the world began spinning. 

I saw Clarke and Bellamy lunge forward, and then the world became a black void and I was floating. Free of all pain and sadness. I never wanted to wake up, ever again.