Five

Third person

Hope kicks her legs forward to get momentum on the swing, she fell into a rhythm a while before.

After assuring her parents that she was just going to the park, she left home an hour ago to clear her head of the thoughts that had been bothering her the last few days.

She should have known better than to try and escape someone in a public place.

As she jumps off the swings and walks forward with her head down, she doesn't see another figure strolling towards her, icy blue eyes pointed down.

She runs headfirst into his chest, effectively suprising them both, and loses her balance.

He reacts out of instinct, grabbing her upper arm and holding her upright, one eyebrow raised.

She starts to apologize, but freezes as her eyes meet his, warm summer grass meeting cold winter ice.

He doesn't really know how to approach this, so instead just says, "you should watch where you're going."

"I know, thanks." She says stiffly, pulling away and rubbing her arm where his grip was. He doesn't try to stop her.

"You're a really bad actress." He says bluntly, and panic shines in her eyes.

"I-"

"It's fine. I get it a lot." He cuts her off before she really freaks out, showing no emotion throught his words.

She just nods. He studies her face, and sees it again.

That dark spot in her bright eyes, the tiniest glint of what she really is hidden in the innocent emerald, the taint of death on her pure soul, the stain of blood on her clasped hands.

"It's Hope, right?" He asks, thinking how ironic her name really is. Her parents likely gave it to her because she was hiven another chance at life. They knew full well what she was.

She watches him for a moment, debating if she should confirm what they both know he's already sure of.

"Yeah." She finally says, and he can tell from her tone that he won't get anywhere today.

"Hm. Well, it was nice seeing you." He says, and turns before she can say anything.

He doesn't look back, but he can feel her bewildered stare on him as he leaves.

He's just given her another encounter to think about, and if she can't figure it out after this one, he'll have to take matter into his own hands.