Sixteen

This chaper will have no effects, as I'm writing it on a server that's just straight up crap. Sorry, I'll update it later.

HOPE'S POV

I feel like I should be crying, or trying to deny it, or at the very least trying to prove myself wrong, but I feel an odd sense of...peace...at the relavation. Almost like my mind is too overwhelmed to panic any more.

Like I'm too broken to break any more.

"Ok."

He stares at me, shock clear on his face for the first time, well, ever.

But it's quickly replaced with that infuriating cold indifference I'm so used to.

"Good."

I laugh humourlessly. "What was the bad outcome?"

He raises an eyebrow at me. "Well, that would be one of two things. A, you break down completely and end up doing something stupid, or B-" he's cut off by the sound of a police siren.

"Shit!" He mutters. "Ok, back to the car."

I jump in the passenger seat. I feel like even though I'm relatively fine roght now, I shouldn't be driving.

Not to mention I don't have my license, but then again, I suppose I shouldn't be worried about laws if I'm going down this path.

Slamming his door shut and twisting the keys in the ignition(I think that's the word?) He pulls out of the driveway and slams his foot on the gas so hard I have to bite my lip to keep from screaming.

He glances in the rearview, where flashing blue and red lights are reflected in the mirror.

"What the hell did you do?" I hiss, as he swerves into a darker dirt road.

"I'll explain later." He mutters, his voice sounds almost strained, and I almost miss the whispered, "god I hate these things."

Almost.

As he jerks the wheel hard to avoid a deep pothole, something clicks in my shattered mind, and I'm thrown into a memory.

FLASHBACK

I tap the pink handle of my carseat, watching the fall forest pass by in a whirl of red, orange, yellow and some rare green.

Someone tugs my hair, and I turn around to glare at the blonde, green eyed girl to my right.

"Moooooom! Tris pulled my hair!"

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

"Did-"

"Calm down you two. We'restopping for a potty break in a few minutes." daddy says, then turns to mommy and asks in a loud whisper "are you sure we can't just say they're doppelgangers and donate one?"

I laugh happily and Tris scowls, crossing her arms.

"I'm not talking to you!" She huffs, turning her nose up.

Mommy screams, and before I can ask what's wrong, I feel myself flying through the air, something sharp tearing at my skin and leaving stinging cuts.

"Mamma!" I call, but I can't hear my own voice.

I try to crawl back but the heat coming from the car makes me back away.

I feel myself fading, and let darkness overcome my vision as two children's sobs ring in my ears.

END OF FLASHBACK