Seven

Third person

Hope hasn't been well recently, in the head that is.

Dreams are now nightmares, everything is dangerous, she can't trust anyone.

And it all started five days ago.

Hope was walking home like usual, talking to Sam. She'd been getting better at controlling the violent urges she would get.

Sam had told her that she got a call from her parents and had to leave, Hope agreed and went home.

But something seemed wrong, when she got back her mother was avoiding her like the plauge and her father refused to speak to her.

"What the hell did I do?" She finally cried out, tears welling in her emerald eyes.

Her mother looked up, fear shining in her face.

"Nothing, dear. Go to bed, ok?"

Hope nodded and walked upstairs, heading to the bathroom first.

For some reason, the now almost empty bottle of medication on the sink caught her eye.

Picking up the small plastic container, she noticed that some of the lable was peeling off, revealing another one underneath.

Her curiosity got the better of her, and she pulled the lable off the rest of the way.

Under it, was the real prescription.

She didn't know what it was, but she knew her parents were giving her something she didn't know about.

She decided not to confront them, instead choosing to turn the bottle away so you can't read the lable.

Maybe they just used an old bottle?

But then why would they cover it instead of just telling her?

She went to bed, but didn't sleep at all.

She wouldn't take them tomorrow.

First came the paranoia.

Then the anger and mood swings.

Then the violence.

She stopped talking to people or going out.

Now she's sitting in her room, her eyes focuses on the window as she tries to make sense of what's happening to her.

The truth is, she can't.

And without help, never will.

The only thing is, no one else knows what's going on.

Except the person she's avoided the most.

The person who started all of this.

Maybe, just maybe...

He knows what's happening.

After all, he went through the same thing.

And he wouldn't want to put someone else in the nut house, would he?