Friends

Fan's POV:

"Hello," he says. "I would like to talk to you for a bit."

I stand there a bit nervous, the principal just grabbed my shoulder after all. I start thinking the worst.

What if im in trouble? No, that cant be it, I just got here. Is he going to expell me because he doesnt like me or something? But he doesnt even know me, I dont even know his name.

After a while of staring, I agree to talk to him. He takes me to his office and sits me down at the chair in front of his desk.

"I just wanted to talk because you are new here, I would like to get to know you more! I usually like to meet with new students." He says leaning back in his chair.

I sit there silently still extremely nervous. He must've noticed that I was nervous because he then says, "no need to be nervous, you arent in trouble or anything." I nod and apologize, my old school wasnt like this so it was still all very new to me.

"Anyway, I think i should introduce myself. You can call me Principal Cobs. Or just Cobs, whichever suits you better." He says with a small grin.

"Nice to meet you," I say, i've calmed down a bit but theres still a bit of a tremble in my voice. "My name is Fan."

"I see you've made a couple friends already, I noticed you talking to a few different people today." Cobs says. I nod. "Yeah, the people here are pretty nice." I say. Cobs shifts in his chair a bit.  "What kind of things do you like to do?" He asks.

"Um, well, I'm pretty big into theories and the internet," I say, now a bit more relaxed. "I have a blog and stuff."

"Hm, thats pretty interesting." Cobs says, "I find electronics pretty facinating, I actually create things such as computers and phones."

"Really?" I ask, I found the fact that he creates electronics intriguing. He nods and pulls out a phone. "Im working on my own brand of phone," he says smiling.

I examine the phone, it looks very technologically advanced. "Wow! You made that?" I say facinated. "Yep, I sure did." He smiles at me, seemingly pleased with my reaction.

"If you want, you can have it. This is only one of many." I look at him. "Wait, seriously?" I ask. He nods and hands the phone over to me. I stare at it for a bit.

"Wow! Thank you!" I exclaim. I turn on the phone and look through the different functions. I then look at him and smile. "You should probably head off to class." He says. "Just tell your teacher you were talking to me."

I nod and stand up out of the seat. "Thanks again!" I say with a smile. He smiles back and waves. I then exit the room and start walking to class, still examining the phone.

When I get to class, I notice Paintbrush. I didnt realize we were going to the same class. I decide to go and sit by Paintbrush because they are the only person I know in this classroom. I walk over and sit down awkwardly

"Um, hey Paintbrush!" I say smiling. Paintbrush just looks at me as if I had said something really stupid. I clear my throat and turn to look at the front if the classroom. "So um, wonderful weather we're having today." I stated awkwardly trying to strike up a bit of a concersation.

Paintbrush looks at me for a moment. "It's literally raining." They say. "Aha- well- the rain helps the plants and stuff, so it can be nice sometimes." I just smile awkwardly and they just stare at me for a bit, then go back to their work. My smile fades and I just look down at my desk.

"Sorry," I mumble feeling a bit embarrassed, "I just wanted to get to know you a bit better." Paintbrush continues working on their paper but says "It's... fine I guess." This was a very awkward conversation.