Reunited

Fan's POV:

It was dark out, pitch black in fact.

Balloon was asleep in the hospital bed next to mine and Toilet was snoring on the couch that sat against the right wall.

Me on the other hand, I was wide awake.

I couldn't sleep, too many thoughts were running through my mind.

I couldn't bear to just lie there, knowing that all of my friends were still trapped, suffering through all that torture.

I shifted in bed a bit.

I wasn't better yet, I wasn't supposed to leave.

But something was telling me that I had to go.

Maybe it was just my brain messing with me due to the damage, or maybe it was something else, but whatever it was, I silently got out of the hospital bed.

It was creaky, and almost woke Balloon up, but I was able to keep him asleep.

My head spun as I stood up, and I struggled to keep my ballance.

Once my head stopped spinning, I made my way to the door and quietly pushed it opened.

The lights were on in the long hallway.

But it all just seemed too familiar. I didnt like how much it looked like that lab I had been kept in.

It caused me to tense up.

But I took a deep breath and continued down the hall.

I kept turning back, expecting someone to be there, but every time, there was nobody.

I couldn't think straight.

My mind kept telling me that this place was trying to hurt me, that it was no different than that horrid lab.

Then, I heard footsteps.

I stopped in my tracks.

My breathing picked up.

I had to get out of there...

I needed to escape...

Without thinking, I suddenly started running.

I turned the corner and somehow knew there was someone standing there.

I shoved past the nurse, and made a break for the stairs.

She seemed confused and dazed for a moment before she realized.

She quickly got up and tried to stop me, but I slammed the door before she could reach me.

I sprinted down the stairs, almost tripping, but managed to maintain my balance.

They're trying to hurt me...

I have to get out...

I finally made it to the hospital doors, and I just barely reached the door when I was grabbed by the arms.

I screamed and kicked, and did everything in my power to get them to let go, but they had a tight grip.

They pulled me to a nearby bed and strapped me down to keep me from moving.

But I just kept trying to free myself.

It reminded me of the metal table I had been strapped to when Cobs had done the procedure.

The nurses and doctors attempted to calm me down, but it was difficult.

They had the doctors bring me to a room once I had calmed down a bit.