Lost

Lightbulb's POV:

I watched in horror as Painty's lifeless body collapsed to the floor, Cobs standing behind them.

Painty's neck was turned at an unnatural angle. Their eyes were rolled back into their head and I noticed that a bit of blood had began to drip out from their mouth.

This can't be happening...

My eyes began to sting, feeling the tears begin to well up and slowly roll down my face.

I collapsed to my knees, pressing my hands against the glass. I wanted to run over to them, hold them, so that they didnt have to die alone on the cold metal floor of that room. Of course, the box prevented me from doing so.

This has to just be a bad dream... please... just let it be a bad dream!

I felt myself begin to cry harder as Cobs called in a MePhone to take care of the body.

"Don't bother recovering them. They will just get in the way of things." Cobs spoke. The MePhone nodded.

I watched as they took Painty out of the room.

Please! Don't take them away!

I laid my head down on the floor, warm tears still rolling down my face.

I was shaking so much that my muscles began to hurt. I didnt have the motivation to even move. I just laid there, sobbing.

"Lightbulb..." I heard a high-pitch voice mumble.

I didn't move, I didn't respond, I just laid there with my face buried in my hands and crying my eyes out.

I knew the voice was Balloon. Eventually after a moment of silence, I turned my head to look at him.

He was sitting there on his knees, his one hand pressed up against the glass. He looked worried and sorry for me.

I saw that he was also crying a bit. I sat up and scooted over to him, resting my head against the glass wall of the box and curling into a ball.

Painty wasn't there to comfort me anymore.

They were gone. Lost somewhere. I dont know where we go after death, but I hope it's a good place. A place with no more pain or sadness. A place where I could see Painty again.

I hoped they were happy wherever they were.

I'll miss you painty.

.

.

.

Test Tube's POV:

I've been trying to get ahold of Paintbrush for a while now.

I've sent several texts asking if they've found anything out, but its been hours and they still haven't responded.

They're probably just busy right now.

I sat there staring at my phone for a bit longer before sighing and setting it down.

I have to stay home to avoid getting taken by Cobs, but its kinda boring because theres nothing to do at home.

Might as well go and watch some TV.

I sat up out of my bed and made my way to the living room. I then sat down on the couch and turned on the TV. The news was on.

Several people have gone missing at the public high school. If anyone has any information on the case, please inform us immediately.

Oh now they notice? How come they didn't notice earlier?