Healing

Lightbulb's POV:

The days have been passing fast. It's been almost a month since Painty died. Balloon's leg is almost healed enough meaning we might be able to go out with the plan soon.

I noticed that Fan has stopped counting the days. maybe he lost track, or maybe he just didn't find a reason to anymore.

I don't know how the days have been passing so fast but so far nobody has came to the rescue.

I wonder if Test Tube is still looking for us...

I closed my eyes and leaned against the back wall of my box. I hadn't slept for days because It was still hard to get my mind off of Painty, but it was starting to get better. Balloon helped me get over it a bit, though it was still hard without them.

I've noticed that Cobs has been coming in less and less and most of the time, a MePhone is the one coming into the room and taking us out for experiments.

It was strange not seeing him as much. I wondered why he had been gone, though I wasn't complaining.

Nobody else has arrived here lately, which relieved me.

Nobody deserves this torture.

Being locked in a box every day and sleeping on the cold and hard metal floor, every waking hour filled with anxiety and fear about what might happen to you next.

Today the buzzer didn't go off to wake us up and nobody came in to run experiments on us.

Something feels off...

I opened my eyes and looked around. Some people were fiddling with their hands or something to pass time, others just tried to get as much sleep as possible, it was hard to get a normal amount of sleep.

Balloon was asleep as well. I leaned over closer to Fan.

"when are we gonna go out with the plan?" I whispered, trying to avoid waking Balloon up. It was a little tricky since he was right in between Fan and I.

Fan just shrugged. "soon hopefully." He whispered back.

Fan held up the little vial and swirled it around a bit, examining it.

He seemed unsure of the plan, there were many things that could go wrong.

We could get caught by Cobs or a MePhone, or we could accidentally spill the acid or something. Or say Cobs does something to prevent us from succeeding.

I sighed and pulled the camera out of my head. It hadn't been used in a while. I wished I could hear Painty's voice come from the camera one last time.

I pulled the camera closer to myself and hugged it a bit. It was the last thing I really had of Painty, I didn't want to lose it.

I placed the camera back in my head, being careful not to cut myself on the broken glass.

One of these days I will escape, and I'll bring everyone else with me.

I'll do it for you Painty...

I promise...

.

.

.

Paintbrush's POV:

Almost...

This was it. The chain had almost broken. I had rusted it enough to weaken it and was currently working on bending it to try and break it.

My hands had blisters from trying so many times previously and my ankle had blisters as well.

It hurt, but it was necessary to escape.