Recovery

Balloon's POV:

I was in the middle of a large field. It was empty. No flowers, no trees, just miles of grass. The sky was blue and there were a couple small clouds floating by.

It was calming. I sat in the grass and ran my hand through it. It was bright green and beautiful.

I stood up and began walking through the large field, looking for anyone else that might be there.

I walked for what seemed like hours, but still no sign of anyone. Soon enough that familiar feeling of loneliness came over me.

I hated being alone.

I began to call out, hoping to get a response.

Nothing.

I sat down and curled into a ball. Suddenly I heard a female voice call my name. I looked up in the direction it came from.

Suitcase.

She was standing there smiling at me.

I stood up and ran to give her a hug and tell her how much I missed her, but by the time I reached her, she was gone.

I began to slowly sink into the ground. I panicked, and tried to pull myself up, but nothing happened. I shut my eyes tight.

When I opened my eyes, I was in a dark room. No doors, no windows, just a small dim light on the ceiling. The walls were concrete.

I stood up and looked around when the walls suddenly began to close in. I jumped at the sudden movement and I began to panic as the walls came in closer and closer.

I sunk to the floor and covered my head. I began to cry.

"AH-!"

I suddenly screamed and woke up. It was just a dream.

I looked around.

Still in the box...

Everyone else was asleep and the lights were still off. I assumed it was still late.

Then I noticed that I wasn't the only one awake. One other person was awake with me.

Lightbulb.

She was still sitting there looking at the floor. I sighed and scooted over to her.

"Hey Lightbulb." I mumbled, trying not to wake everyone else up. Lightbulb didnt respond.

I sat silently for a moment.

"Listen... I get it if you don't want to talk... you probably dont see a reason to... that-... incident... must've been really hard for you to watch..." I whispered, resting my back against the back wall of the box.

"I've lost a friend too..." I said quietly.

Lightbulb lifted up her head to look at me. "Really?" She suddenly spoke.

It surprised me at first, but it made me happy to hear her talk again.

"Yeah, her name was Suitcase. I dont know if you know her or not but... she transfered schools a while ago. I mean she's not-... she-... what I mean is, she's still alive somewhere, but... I dont know if i'll ever get the chance to see her again..." I mumbled.

Lightbulb nodded a bit. "Yeah... I realize now how hard it is to lose someone so close to you..." she mumbled. "Its hard to find a reason to do anything anymore..."

"Yeah... it is gonna be hard at first... but... over time, things will get better." I said smiling a bit.

Lightbulb stared for a bit, but then, she gave me a small smile. It made me happy.